Strange Noise When Alarm is Disarmed

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

beemerx

Club Guest
I've noticed that there is a faint noise that sounds like "teeeeeeeeee" when I disarm the car alarm. The noise will go off about 10 seconds after I rearm the alarm. Seconds before the strange noise goes off, there is a mechanical noise which sounds like the car immobilizer is activated.Anyone having the same issue? After reading the thread where one of our members car caught on fire by itself, I'm worried what is causing this noise :eek:

I don't have any such noise when locking or unlocking the car. Best to take it in to a dealer to check, but 10-to-1, the answer will be: "It's normal" :)

None of our member's cars caught on fire by itself bro. Read the post again. :D

If the noise is inside the car then yes I've heard it too. After searching high n low for the noise, I discovered that it's the CD Player! You can recreate the noise by pushing the eject button when it's empty.

The noise had me worried too :) Apparently the CD player ejecting mechanism is activated when we unlock the car.

Exarkun;473112 said:
If the noise is inside the car then yes I've heard it too. After searching high n low for the noise, I discovered that it's the CD Player! You can recreate the noise by pushing the eject button when it's empty.

The noise had me worried too :) Apparently the CD player ejecting mechanism is activated when we unlock the car.

It's coming from the outside of the car.... not internally.. and it's a very faint sound though :106:

best u bring back to the dealer n get them to check. from yr description, very vague la

Exarkun;473112 said:
Apparently the CD player ejecting mechanism is activated when we unlock the car.

Why bro? What has the CD player got to do with the lock system? :) There's not a peep from my CD player when I lock or unlock the car. When my key is out of the slot, power to the stock ICE system is cut. Perhaps you should get your wiring checked too.

Just sat myself in my car....and used the remote to lock and unlock the car. Ten times. Yes, I'm so anal, I can suck up furniture! And there were no strange noises. IMO, get the car to the SC and see what they have to say.

Does ICE stand for "in-car entertainment"? If so, my radio can actually be turned on after removing the key. But being the 'anal retentive' that I am, I switch everything off.....air-con, radio, everything before pressing the start/stop button to turn off the engine. Heck, I even wipe down the dashboard before starting the car! My partner says, "I've been replaced!". I said, "Yes yes yes...go wipe yourself down, please!"

Top Bottom