Stop-Leak

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

tongsatriani

Club Guest
Hello All,Remember couple weeks back I had a leak radiator? Well, while awaiting for the Tribunals hearing (long way to go:() I have only an option; to buy a brand new radiator because it is beyond repair.Suddenly at an auto shop, I came across a few radiator sealants. Honestly, I am a bit sceptical! A mere RM15 to fix a catastrophe??:confused: Naah! Why not give it a try? I will be spending RM800 anyways!It is now entering the 5th week. I would say, THIS 500ML BOTTLE WORKS!! Before, I have to top up every alternate days, not now after pouring that liquid in since day 1!So, I wonder whether it works on crack expansion tank? Rather investing big $$, why not give it a shot? Any inputs are welcomed:)

Dude...

pls dun top up coolant fluids while hot.

remember...cold and hot dun mix. might cause the crack.

my 2 sens.. those stop leak solutions are for temporary measures only... else.. those radiator chaps would be out of business. Dangerous if you on long haul trip... as it might go .. KABOOM!

Last time i put some of those in my rad.. not BMW... lasted for a couple of months before.. it totally gave way... imagine your fluid from your rad.. flowing out like water from a tap. ;)

Just be careful!

sesat88 said:
my 2 sens.. those stop leak solutions are for temporary measures only... else.. those radiator chaps would be out of business. Dangerous if you on long haul trip... as it might go .. KABOOM!

Last time i put some of those in my rad.. not BMW... lasted for a couple of months before.. it totally gave way... imagine your fluid from your rad.. flowing out like water from a tap. ;)

Just be careful!
i somehow agree that its only a temporary solution, if your budget is not so tight, just change it for your own peace of mind rather than always thinking when its gonna kaboom.........travel far abit also scare

bear in mind that some substance may be corrosive, M50 cylinder head not cheap oh... ;)

Wah! Scary ler...anyways, it's meant for minor cracks. Reading the label, it says permanent sealant. I'm just betting on it till my case is done. Somehow, I do believe it work to a certain extend of damage.

Hope for the best!;) Thanks for the inputs...I'll keep an eye on it.

tongsatriani;182053 said:
Wah! Scary ler...anyways, it's meant for minor cracks. Reading the label, it says permanent sealant. I'm just betting on it till my case is done. Somehow, I do believe it work to a certain extend of damage.

Hope for the best!;) Thanks for the inputs...I'll keep an eye on it.

Hi Tongsatriani,
How is your radiator doing with the STOP LEAK in it? How long did it last or is it still going strong now?:top: Hope you don't mind to share. Thanks

VNP, do you have the same problem? me also would like to know the end of the story

This MILO like radiator stop leak substance is actually using the substance to block the leakage. Its not that good because it will not only block the leak, it gets to the the walls, thicken them which will reduce the water flow's velocity. Like cholesterol in our vanes.

Imagine u fell and hurt yourself and start bleeding, u then inject artificial cholesterol into your blood stream so it stops the bleeding.... cool huh.. :D

When I shop for used car, I usually open their radiator cap and look for such substance and its hard to missed. If I see it, I won't even negotiate the price, I'll just say thank you for ur time and walk off.

oh man! i forgot this thread...

well, it had been nearly a year since....conclusion is....THIS SEALANT IS LOYAL STRONG UNTIL TODAY!

yup! i lost the tribunal case & no new rad for me :(
so, i'm still with my old rad with the sealant. no fluid loss, no top ups!:rock:

Strider;263226 said:
VNP, do you have the same problem? me also would like to know the end of the story

Well, the water level keeps going down very slowly and I have to top up say maybe 30-40 ml every week. I have let it be for a few weeks now and I find that
the level has stop going down at about 1 inch from the "cold mark". Am still monitoring but I am sure it is not coming down any further. Strange isn't it?:dontknow:

Top Bottom