Steering vibrating... Need Help...

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

syameel666

Club Guest
Hello to everyone here...i need your help by telling me whats the problem with my steering.. whenever im going above 90km/h and suddenly if i jam the break, my steering rattles really loud.. its scary as i dont know whats wrong... is it something to do with my steering part or some other part has problem?hope to get feedback from the Sifu's...Thanks in advance...

Hi syameel666,

Steering vibrating while driving normally due to balancing problem but if you press the breake and suddenly the vibration stronger, the problem might be due to your brake disk (uneven) - try to skim the disk.

hi there EmKay46,

if balancing, might be and i just changed all 4 disk brake's recently.. could it be faulty there? i think i'll get it checked then...

thanks for the advice... =D

Let me give u a good suggestion, take out ur front rim, and look nearly on the disk. Check if the disk are still running flat (any crack line ?) and thickness of it. Also do check ur brake pad thickness. If all above mentioned are stil lin good condition, then put back ur rim, and turn ur wheel around to check the wheel bearing too.

Hi EmKay46..
Sometime disc failure. Try look at the disc surface . If the disc surface not smooth and got some uneven line maybe thats the problem.

perryyip73 : i think ill do as you suggest there and see is there anything as you mentioned... because the thing is i just changed all 4 disk brakes and brake pads.. but will check it again...

Thanks for the info... =)

Top Bottom