steering vibrate

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

Chantahir

Club Guest
Hi i'm custodian of E46 Any possibilities of steering vibrate at 80-90km/h and disappeared at 100km/h onwards due to power steering pump failure?

The following replaced and carried out;
1. Steering rack
2. Steering column and coupling
3. Lower arm bush
4. New rim and tyre
5. Flushing of steering fluid
6. Alignment and balancing
7. Any many more

Outstanding things to do;
1. Droplink replacement
2. Steering pump
3. On wheel balancing

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk 4

Before u do any part replacemnt check the rim bore since u had a new rims installed.. it is a simple DIY process. Use caliper to measure the rim bore and hub. 1 or 2mm makes a lot of difference. It happened to me before..

see what happens after you perform on-wheel balancing. suggest you do it at MPS Auto in Sunway, they're good at troubleshooting vibrations.

I second Mizhan. My bet is on "on wheel balancing" will solved the problem. If hub gap is the problem, typically it will vibrate strongly even at low speed. During balancing, check also any dent on the rim

Bro Mizhan and zidee, on wheel balancing no more longer available in my area (kota kinabalu).

Chantahir;853283 said:
Bro Mizhan and zidee, on wheel balancing no more longer available in my area (kota kinabalu).

Too bad bro. I'm not sure anybody there can do high speed off wheel balancing. What rims are you using?

Oh dear.. I didnt realize you're not from klang valley. So so sorry. Then try visiting different tyre shops, an old-timer is your best bet to root out the problem. Good luck!

Try swapping rear tyres to front and see if still there.. If not there u know, its the wheels. If still there. Then its other mechanical parts.

I do believe its the hub issue. U haven answer a very important question.. What rims u use?

- - - Updated - - -

Try swapping rear tyres to front and see if still there.. If not there u know, its the wheels. If still there. Then its other mechanical parts.

I do believe its the hub issue. U haven answer a very important question.. What rims u use?

Top Bottom