Steering Rack faulty

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

Loyal

Hi,I am new here.jz bought E46 few months ago.
I found there was a faulty for the steering rack & has been vs few mechanic in Penang
What's yrs good advise
Plz sharing me yrs experience how & where to solve it?
The steering rack making lots of unpleasant noise on the unflat road,very annoying :(
Plz help me ok
Tq

U really sure steering rack, it could be the lower arm, tie rod or steering tie....many can link to it. Have it check to determine which one, otherwise you may have to spent more.

SBB said:
U really sure steering rack, it could be the lower arm, tie rod or steering tie....many can link to it. Have it check to determine which one, otherwise you may have to spent more.
ya i determine is noise from the rack beside i hv been change wat u mention

tweiboon said:
Can we buy steering rack from UK and send the steering rack back to Malaysia?
Wow..bro, you got lubang to source part from UK?
Maybe i should tumpang to buy some part too like DISA :)

I saw steering rack very cheap in ebay uk including shipment. If buy from ebay uk sure can save alot.

If not remember wrong I saw someone posting in the maintenance or part costing topic that he bought the sterling racks from ebay before and the price is very cheap too. Think should work.

I have recently replace my e46 steering rack which bought from ebay UK due to mine got seal leak and frequent top up and make a mess on the underside of my car. By the way, have you check whether the steering fluid is at the correct level? any sign of leak? these need to be check when your steering rack is faulty. Noises usually from the lower wishbone arm and bracket bushing. The best way is to send it to the workshop and ask the mechanic to check the underside of your car and try to find out the faulty part.

Top Bottom