starter on e30

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

msapi

Club Guest
managed to get my idling fixed. it was the air flow sensor :p thanks kevster... :D but now I have another problem :( i suspect the starter is going to kong soon...its either the engine start striaght away or i have to turn the iginition a few times.the battery is ok, as all the lights on the dashboard are on and the headlights are still bright.sometimes when i turn the ignition key the is a click sound "tack" but nothing happen. i have to try a few times to get it working. the other day it took me 15 mins to get the engine started having travelled from KL to tol ayer keroh. thank god, it starts. other days i have no problem what so ever.anyone knows what the problem? n better yet, any spare parts lying around i can try... hehehe [aku blum bayar lagi kat kevster, but will do, dont worry bro]

right on bro....

i'm facing the exact same problem.....

i suspect it's either the ignition contact or the starter relay.....

there's one easy way to start the car rather than to turn your key for donkey minutes before it starts to crank....
it's a risky process but if you want to know, PM me....

cheers,
andrew_e30

u guys driving auto or manual ??

usually auto will have such problems...

for my experience on auto , either is the

- selector module contact switch not touching properly. (need to push the selector lever to the P position then only can crank)

- ignition switch going off soon. (need to hold the key on START position for sometime only the engine will be cranking)

- resistance for starter wire are too high. (easy to start in the morning & at night only, suck5 at afternoon)

after i modified another set of new relay and wiring, it function very well, but it looks ugly unless u replace a set of original new wiring harness...

had the same problem with my e30 320i.....
problem was the ignition coil(cipek).....
symtom was,one minute start,thn it dies,try again for 5 - 6 times thn it starts again....thn dies!

mine's manual...
emm problem after another...
hope to get it fixed soon...
so can continue to enjoy my e30 :D

manual ??

shouldn't be any problem ark...

so have check your stater unit...

FYI M40 can use mercedez engine M111 starter..

hope this help....

can, send it to those electrical shop who sell battery and do wiring .. they can overhaul starter, depends on what u need to change. usually they will change the carbon brush.. but some they modified one coz cannot get original carbon brush(bawah pokok).

after a few weeks of living with a 'so called' faulty starter,
managed to pin down the problem :D

seems the key barrel is giving problems, as someone kindly mentioned.
whenever i have problem starting, i would just have to 'push up' a little bit when turning key iginition... and it works... huurrayyy....

hehehehe

thanks bros :ph34r:

Originally posted by msapi@Dec 6 2005, 09:20 AM
after a few weeks of living with a 'so called' faulty starter,
managed to pin down the problem :D

seems the key barrel is giving problems, as someone kindly mentioned.
whenever i have problem starting, i would just have to 'push up' a little bit when turning key iginition... and it works... huurrayyy....

hehehehe

thanks bros :ph34r:
I left it as it is, it's a 'built-in' anti theft device...

Only I know how to 'properly' start the car..

Top Bottom