Start engine in neutral

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

crusher

Club Guest
I own E34 before now driving E36. On my E34 , when my gear in neutral gear I cannot start the car. This is the correct behaviour I think. Recently, I accidentally found that my E36 can be started in neutral. Do you think E36 and E34 different in this way?

I had two E36 before. Both E36 can start in N and P. In fact all autos can start in N and P as SimpleSoul mentioned. Your E34 previously must be faulty.

agree with 3er.. your previous e34 must be faulty.. i cn start my e34 in N and P.. like every auto cars

Its a funny story with my E34. After parked the car and went to my office. End of the day came back and car cannot start. No cranking at all. I got my colleague to drive his car over and connect the cables to his battery.Cannot work either.

After some time, only notice my gear in neutral. Put it in park and voila! Car starts!. Rather embarrassing in front of my colleague.

Also I remember this is the same for my previous Toyota Corolla. Engine died in front of traffic light. Cannot start and cars behind me honking already. Finally realize my gear in neutral. I thought all non Protons have this "feature"

Yup, agree that there may be a fault with the N gear. ALL auto cars I have driven before can start on N & P. My brother's previous E34 also can start on N & P.
Iylia H;551429 said:
agree with 3er.. your previous e34 must be faulty.. i cn start my e34 in N and P.. like every auto cars

Top Bottom