stalled 1 mth old 323

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

avicena

Club Guest
My 3-wk old pre-reg from Quill just died this morning as i was about to do a U turn. I could not get it restarted for good 2 minutes. Apologies goes out to those who might happen to be around the Putramas U turn at 8.30am.Called Mobile Assist later. Tech advisor, Jay called me back an hour later. He told me perhaps because of the U turn, fuel may be tilted to 1 side ( d tank was more than 1/2 filled) and hence fuel supply could have been interrupted momentarily.....%$#%$%^*. I was dumbfounded....actually wanna ask if his b***n impairment was due to him tilting his head 1 side ! (apologies for d sarcasm)Will be sending in d car to a SC. There are also a few issues which i did not even bother to sort out earlier ie vibrating head lamp. What happened this morning, really took the cake. It is a mega safty issue and is totally unacceptable for any car make . I could not catch a good glimpse on the message alert except 'ignition.......' appeared on the screen.I wonder if anyone here has similar problem? Many thanks

Gosh bro, thank goodness you managed to start it.

As for the explanation. What bollocks! So, does this mean each time we make a u turn or 3 point turn, the fuel will tilt to the other side and render the car unable to be driven? :stupid:

like that ur car needs dual fuel pick up? really man...sometimes these ppl give excuses/answers without processing.
dont mean to rub salt into the wound, but for me, if these ppl give you lousy answer and expect you to believe it, how dumb do they think we really are???

lol.....i cannot even imagine what sort of training the bmw tech support goes thru. unless u're driving a 1921 bmw, i really doubt the car died due to fuel starvation. u should sms this to CBT NST, i'm sure the public would love to hear how well trainied the tech support team is.

i guess another question would be....how fast were u taking that U turn at? how many G's? heheheh

avicena;607178 said:
My 3-wk old pre-reg from Quill just died this morning as i was about to do a U turn. I could not get it restarted for good 2 minutes. Apologies goes out to those who might happen to be around the Putramas U turn at 8.30am.

Called Mobile Assist later. Tech advisor, Jay called me back an hour later. He told me perhaps because of the U turn, fuel may be tilted to 1 side ( d tank was more than 1/2 filled) and hence fuel supply could have been interrupted momentarily.....%$#%$%^*. I was dumbfounded....actually wanna ask if his b***n impairment was due to him tilting his head 1 side ! (apologies for d sarcasm)

Will be sending in d car to a SC. There are also a few issues which i did not even bother to sort out earlier ie vibrating head lamp. What happened this morning, really took the cake. It is a mega safty issue and is totally unacceptable for any car make . I could not catch a good glimpse on the message alert except 'ignition.......' appeared on the screen.

I wonder if anyone here has similar problem? Many thanks

You should post this on the BMW Malaysia Facebook page! :)

Eggie86;607179 said:
Gosh bro, thank goodness you managed to start it.

As for the explanation. What bollocks! So, does this mean each time we make a u turn or 3 point turn, the fuel will tilt to the other side and render the car unable to be driven? :stupid:

i came down and see if i cld get help to push d darn thing to 1 side and i cld sense tat every1 was fuming mad at me for causing d congestion. kena horn somemore *damn embarassing man*

ramsing;607186 said:
lol.....i cannot even imagine what sort of training the bmw tech support goes thru. unless u're driving a 1921 bmw, i really doubt the car died due to fuel starvation. u should sms this to CBT NST, i'm sure the public would love to hear how well trainied the tech support team is.

car in ICU now. let's see wat the dr says ;)

avicena;607351 said:
i came down and see if i cld get help to push d darn thing to 1 side and i cld sense tat every1 was fuming mad at me for causing d congestion. kena horn somemore *damn embarassing man*

OMG !! It must be damn embarassing.. spanky new bmw mati engine? must screw them gila gila liao, such thing should not even happen for a new UDM !
oh btw i'm aso 323 from quill ;)

schwarz;607763 said:
OMG !! It must be damn embarassing.. spanky new bmw mati engine? must screw them gila gila liao, such thing should not even happen for a new UDM !
oh btw i'm aso 323 from quill ;)

Indeed, damn embarassing man....kena horn somemore. I was still keeping my cool till now. The service ppl were suppose to contact me yesterday. To be fair, I noticed ONE missed call from Quill yesterday but my return calls x3 were not answered. This was at approximately 1730hrs.

I waited the whole day today expecting a call from Quill but apparently that was too much an expectation. At 1545hrs today, I had to called in and put up with a Jerry Chan whose attitude was deplorable. He said the problem i had was due to sporadic fault with the software. I then asked if Quill could guarantee that the fault had been accurately ascertained and fully rectified and will not recur. If this request could not be met with, I would want a new replacement unit. He said, NO, sounded pissed and cut me off the line telling me that Mr Norizam, his manager will call me back, which of course no one did.

JERRY CHAN was the last straw and for this i am definitely going to nuke Roland Ooi and Geoff Briscoe !!

avicena;608183 said:
He said the problem i had was due to sporadic fault with the software.

i hate NASASpeak. Tell the bugger to speak plain english la. "Sporadic fault with software?" WTF is that? Chip rosak? Software corrupted? Computer rosak? And i hate people who tell us problems but not the solution.

Facebook sounds like a good idea suddenly :)
Hope they solve this mess for u bro.

bimmerdude;608209 said:
i hate NASASpeak. Tell the bugger to speak plain english la. "Sporadic fault with software?" WTF is that? Chip rosak? Software corrupted? Computer rosak? And i hate people who tell us problems but not the solution.

Facebook sounds like a good idea suddenly :)
Hope they solve this mess for u bro.

Honestly...i am not even sure if tat is the actual problem as the SA rattled off and mentioned something about brakes. M no engineer but what has brakes got to do with stalled engine ?

Neeway my car is still in Quill. I was told to collect d car yesterday as according to them the car had been reprogrammed and only the vibrating light was not fixed as yet. I was told to send the car back to them next Tuesday. I really dunno wat to say of Quill....car was already in for 4 days as of yesterday. I think Quill must be assuming that i have all the time in the world to sort out tat piece of junk they sold me

avicena;608493 said:
Honestly...i am not even sure if tat is the actual problem as the SA rattled off and mentioned something about brakes. M no engineer but what has brakes got to do with stalled engine ?

Neeway my car is still in Quill. I was told to collect d car yesterday as according to them the car had been reprogrammed and only the vibrating light was not fixed as yet. I was told to send the car back to them next Tuesday. I really dunno wat to say of Quill....car was already in for 4 days as of yesterday. I think Quill must be assuming that i have all the time in the world to sort out tat piece of junk they sold me

I had an appointment to fix my cooling system a while back, and after reading some bad reports on Quill decided to cancel the appointment and make another one with a different dealer.
I do hope the 'reprogramming' helps. I wonder though, how a software programe is faulty in the first place? Its not like we can tamper with our car programming by just plugging in with our PC :)
Maybe you can ask them exactly what they mean by 'reprogramming'.

bimmerdude;609470 said:
I had an appointment to fix my cooling system a while back, and after reading some bad reports on Quill decided to cancel the appointment and make another one with a different dealer.
I do hope the 'reprogramming' helps. I wonder though, how a software programe is faulty in the first place? Its not like we can tamper with our car programming by just plugging in with our PC :)
Maybe you can ask them exactly what they mean by 'reprogramming'.

Hi bimmerguy, hope u have had ur cooling system in tip top condition now. I collected me car today; D8 after i sent in. I sent them an email with the following questions on D3

"I would like to seek further details from your good office on the few issues below :

1) Am I right to assume the software glitch pre-existed before I took delivery of the car ?
2) If so, how could the car pass QC in the first place ?
3) If no, are you implying that a BMW car computer software can become corrupted anytime without obvious reason?
4) Please explain how was the diagnosis arrived, how did the fault affect the car in the manner that it did, what were the possible remedial options, which option was opted and why as such and would the rectification work affect the car in a manner that would make it different from a brand new machine in any way ?
5) What is Quill Automobile’s policy pertaining to keeping her customer updated with progress of car repair, complaints about staff and promises that are not met with? "

Btw, my email has not been acknowledged by the ppl i addrressed to, lest replied until now though i CCed to their HQ in Munchen.

Was promised car would be ready yesterday but no one bothered to call. So i called BMW Malaysia yesterday. Asked for email of CEO which they refused to divulge....i cant believe this! Someone by the name of MacGuhan returned call and promised to look into the matter. Only today Quill's After Sales GM called to apologise and say problem settled. I was told that actually the car had NO FAULT even though it stalled ** It must be me making stories up **but they did the reprogramming nontheless. Voila...and now the car is supposed to be officially fault/defect free ....i am speechless

Quill has however relented and gave me a letter reassuring the car is fault-free after i taroh them in my 2nd email yesterday. Just collect d car. Moving all right but will see. Noticed noise from engine compartment really loud with air cond on when i stepped out of car. Also there's pool of h20 on the floor when the car was stationary for ard 5 minutes. Wonder if it's normal ( I thk perhaps i am getting paranoid now ) ?

avicena;609921 said:
Hi bimmerguy, hope u have had ur cooling system in tip top condition now. I collected me car today; D8 after i sent in. I sent them an email with the following questions on D3

"I would like to seek further details from your good office on the few issues below :

1) Am I right to assume the software glitch pre-existed before I took delivery of the car ?
2) If so, how could the car pass QC in the first place ?
3) If no, are you implying that a BMW car computer software can become corrupted anytime without obvious reason?
4) Please explain how was the diagnosis arrived, how did the fault affect the car in the manner that it did, what were the possible remedial options, which option was opted and why as such and would the rectification work affect the car in a manner that would make it different from a brand new machine in any way ?
5) What is Quill Automobile’s policy pertaining to keeping her customer updated with progress of car repair, complaints about staff and promises that are not met with? "

Btw, my email has not been acknowledged by the ppl i addrressed to, lest replied until now though i CCed to their HQ in Munchen.

Was promised car would be ready yesterday but no one bothered to call. So i called BMW Malaysia yesterday. Asked for email of CEO which they refused to divulge....i cant believe this! Someone by the name of MacGuhan returned call and promised to look into the matter. Only today Quill's After Sales GM called to apologise and say problem settled. I was told that actually the car had NO FAULT even though it stalled ** It must be me making stories up **but they did the reprogramming nontheless. Voila...and now the car is supposed to be officially fault/defect free ....i am speechless

Quill has however relented and gave me a letter reassuring the car is fault-free after i taroh them in my 2nd email yesterday. Just collect d car. Moving all right but will see. Noticed noise from engine compartment really loud with air cond on when i stepped out of car. Also there's pool of h20 on the floor when the car was stationary for ard 5 minutes. Wonder if it's normal ( I thk perhaps i am getting paranoid now ) ?

yes you're being paranoid.
dont worry about the water. its just the condensation from the AC. The noise from the engine is normal.
Keep a close watch the car's behavior. If you have the guts though, go to the same place whre u car died and try to replicate the problem :) If car behaves normally then u know its been 'healed.' :)

btw, my case solved. Changed leaking water pump, under warranty.

bimmerdude;610245 said:
yes you're being paranoid.
dont worry about the water. its just the condensation from the AC. The noise from the engine is normal.
Keep a close watch the car's behavior. If you have the guts though, go to the same place whre u car died and try to replicate the problem :) If car behaves normally then u know its been 'healed.' :)

btw, my case solved. Changed leaking water pump, under warranty.

thx for ur advice. i have to drive pass the place everyday to get to work. so far, 2 days after collection, it has not stalled (keeping fingers crossed) but i just noticed today when i use navigation that there was slurring with the word 'Kuala Lumpur' which was not there before i checked the car in. this i can be sure.hehe

if quill is not giving you a satisfactory service, perhaps you could try a different service center? ingress auto maybe?

LiteBulb;610630 said:
if quill is not giving you a satisfactory service, perhaps you could try a different service center? ingress auto maybe?

Thanks for the suggestion. Do you have any experience with AB Sg Besi ? It's closer to my workplace.

Top Bottom