Sprint Booster

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

arzack

Club Guest
I have installed "Sprint Booster" on my 525. The cable installed underneath of acceleration pedal. Yea, it works, 40% increase of power as claimed by the shop. My question is, does it will effect / give problem to transmission? Anyone has idea?

arzack;326607 said:
I have installed "Sprint Booster" on my 525. The cable installed underneath of acceleration pedal. Yea, it works, 40% increase of power as claimed by the shop. My question is, does it will effect / give problem to transmission? Anyone has idea?

bro,
The torque & bhp remained the same but significant improvement in the throttle response. You feel like driving a different car, "felt lighter", responsive and gave you the 'impression' that you are having a more powerful car. In summary, overall, driveability improved :top:!
It should not affect the transmission but petrol consumption may suffer if too heavy footing!

Read all about it here.......................
http://www.sprintbooster.gr/en/

Electronic Throttle as in your engine, give signal to ECU how much or how fast you wanna accelerate. What this booster do is that it give greater voltage or ohm signal, and thus ECU thought that you wanna accelerate hard and throttle opens more compared to original.

PEAK Horsepower and Torque remains the same. Which workshop told that you'll have a 40% horsepower increase?? boycott!

I suggest a K&N Drop-In air filter, Supersprint sport exhaust and better spark plugs and that would give you a 10++ horsepower increase.

I recently got poisoned to install Sprint Booster (adjustable model), anyone can give recent feedback after installing this unit?

As per bimmer73, what could happen when "ECU get confused due to higher voltage"?

bimmer73;326764 said:
your car ecu gets confuse at high speed. because of the greater voltage.

seewai;649119 said:
I recently got poisoned to install Sprint Booster (adjustable model), anyone can give recent feedback after installing this unit?

As per bimmer73, what could happen when "ECU get confused due to higher voltage"?

Tekan your accelerator more than your usual and you would have a feel of adding sprint booster (SB). Does'nt increase hp nor torque, with SP it just give you a much better feeling of "increased acceleration".

If I may conclude, rather spend the money to do only ECU remapping for better bang for the buck. Since for my current config, I'm quoted RM3.4k for ECU remapping, which also smoothens the butt-feel of driving.

Cheers.
seewai

Rather expensive (RM3.4k) for remap. Who is doing the remap? For comparision basis, even with SC, Bernard is only charging RM2k for M54.

herbert;649157 said:
Rather expensive (RM3.4k) for remap. Who is doing the remap? For comparision basis, even with SC, Bernard is only charging RM2k for M54.

Eurotuner @ Kota Dsara, fellow member too. For my setup (auto-mod-manual, custom exhaust, engine swap) quoted >3k, software captured, sent to Germany and will be ready in a week or so.

seewai;649223 said:
Eurotuner @ Kota Dsara, fellow member too. For my setup (auto-mod-manual, custom exhaust, engine swap) quoted >3k, software captured, sent to Germany and will be ready in a week or so.

That is really expensive bro. What is the point of sending the info to Germany for someone else to remap. Can't Eurotuner as per their name remap for you there and then? What happens if the new map comes back and is not to your liking? Do you just take it or can you reject it? Does it take another week for another map to be installed?

As Herbert said, Bernard is a lot cheaper and he will remap there and then and will only take your money when you are happy with the map. Plus for engines using the Siemens MS 43/42 ECU, it only takes about 2 minutes for your data to be captured. He will then, after getting information from you on what you are looking for, go up to his room and remap and come up with 2-3 different maps. This would take about 30-45 minutes. Installing the map is also quite fast, about 10 minutes. He then goes with you as you test your car. It is here that you tell him whether, you are happy or not. If you are not happy, he will install the other map and so on until you are satisfied. To me this is better service than what Eurotuner is offering and for fraction of the price.

Agree with you bro. I'm driving down to SG coming weekend and will try to catch up with Bernard if he has a couple of hours to spare.

Realred78;651618 said:
That is really expensive bro. What is the point of sending the info to Germany for someone else to remap. Can't Eurotuner as per their name remap for you there and then? What happens if the new map comes back and is not to your liking? Do you just take it or can you reject it? Does it take another week for another map to be installed?

As Herbert said, Bernard is a lot cheaper and he will remap there and then and will only take your money when you are happy with the map. Plus for engines using the Siemens MS 43/42 ECU, it only takes about 2 minutes for your data to be captured. He will then, after getting information from you on what you are looking for, go up to his room and remap and come up with 2-3 different maps. This would take about 30-45 minutes. Installing the map is also quite fast, about 10 minutes. He then goes with you as you test your car. It is here that you tell him whether, you are happy or not. If you are not happy, he will install the other map and so on until you are satisfied. To me this is better service than what Eurotuner is offering and for fraction of the price.

Top Bottom