SPRAY PAINT

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

ozone

Club Guest
My friend recently respayed her E36 and I advised her to go for Carbon Black (Carbon Swatz or something like that under BMW colours ).Checked with AB and was told this is M5 colour.I was waiting for her car to be completed and have a look before I spray paint my car as well.But I don't like the result :( Somehow, it does not look "black" perhaps tiny bit brownish in the sun light.Anyone know any other BMW black is is really black and glossy ? I want to go for BMW colours only.

then you should have gotten the correct code for the colour and use glasurit!

carbon black is a bit bluish black.. its the 04/05 e46 m3 colour. some of the later e39 m5 have it too.

under the sun, it should look very dark blue and black when u park the car under the shades.

u can try cosmoblack, some E38 will have the word "cosmoschwarz" on the strut tower (schwarz is black in German). Upclose there is a stardust effect (hence cosmo black).

See the attached :

Originally posted by naza2@Aug 14 2005, 09:41 AM
carbon black is a bit bluish black.. its the 04/05 e46 m3 colour. some of the later e39 m5 have it too.

under the sun, it should look very dark blue and black when u park the car under the shades.
bro? ICI or DUPONT or others???wats the color code
or the color names???

thanks

Originally posted by Fuhrer@Aug 13 2005, 10:18 PM
then you should have gotten the correct code for the colour and use glasurit!
The paint is Glasurit and the correct code was used - at least she followed what the Glasurit colour brochure stated.
But now I am confused, was it Carbon Black or Cosmo Black :eek:
I think it was Cosmo Black that she choose.
Anyway, we were comparing it next to a Jazz which is black and the JAzz definitely looks "more" black.
I am now thinking of just plain Solid Black - you know, like the army vehicles ?

Top Bottom