SPARK PLUG

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form
Originally posted by fabianyee@Feb 19 2006, 11:58 PM

"Racing plugs ah??? 9 is too high for normal street use leh..."
really ah???
but i hav been using 9 all this while wor.....
besides it was also stated in the haynes manual tht they recommend using the "9"......

wht do u recommend thn?

now i'm confused...... :huh:

thx in advance,
rgds,

-brad-

Originally posted by fabianyee@Feb 20 2006, 12:44 AM
after a brief search, here's what I found.

9 is actually 'cold' plugs. The problem if the plug is too cold is that it'll cause fouling as the tip tend to be 'colder' and that may cause deposits. In other words, good for hot engines.

Check these 2 URLs:

http://www.off-road.com/dirtbike/tech/2002sparkplug/

http://www.ngk.de/Heat_rating_and_heat_rating_nu.657.0.html
so is 9 good for mine or not leh???

again...thx for the advice and the links...

rgds,
-brad-

Originally posted by mini_jeff67@Feb 20 2006, 01:15 AM
Brad-kor, yr powderful engine use hot plugs.... powder to the masses, bro!
mine not powderful lah....only m20b20 mah!!! :dunno:

Use a cold plug if your engine is of high compression. I believe the M50 has higher compression than the M20. I have recently changed my plugs, from Brisk to Beru Ultra X. Pleasant surprise, easily gained 15% more mileage with these plugs and a little more power to boot!! Awesome... :)

Planning to change to Beru Silverstone for my next service. It this cold or hot plug? The spark plug itself state ' S 3 F ' . Any problem by fitting this into my engine.

Originally posted by tkew@Dec 29 2005, 04:11 PM
Have anybody heard about volker, recommended by many user in SG, in favour by Sg Bimmer owner. but kind of expensive.

www.volker-iridium.com
Bros,

If you guys are able to get your hands on OWS iridium plugs, that would be the best plugs. I am running on ows plugs and it usually last me for 3 to 4 months before the plugs needs to be replaced. Considering the distance that i am doing (about 6000km) per month, these plugs are holding up pretty well.

The only downside is the cost, it is about $273 for 6 pieces.

Just my 2cents worth.

i was using bosch platin previously on my E46 318i 1.9L (recommended by my mechanic) cost around 128 for 4pcs, idle is stable n quiet. after using for 20K, i try NGK laser platinum, didnt notice the diffrence in power, but the engine sounds abit rough n i feel very veryyyyyyy slight vibration (i dun think u can feel it but i do). guess i will be sticking back to bosch platin in the future

Top Bottom