spark plug lead (m40b18)

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

wayneng

Club Guest
Can someone tell me what is this thing that i highlighted in the first pic in the blue box? is it a sensor? In the second pic highlighted in red is where the other ends goes too.I am planing to change the whole set of spark plug cable but was wondering how to take this out which loop to the cable number 4. I was planing to put a performance type cable so the diameter might be bigger than this standard ones. So worried that i cannot put this wire/sensor back to the new set.View attachment 15657

It's a signal pickup coil, signal for engine RPM or signal for ignition firing (for other purposes i.e measuring advance/retard etc.) depending on car manufacturer

Fahami;562409 said:
It's a signal pickup coil, signal for engine RPM or signal for ignition firing (for other purposes i.e measuring advance/retard etc.) depending on car manufacturer

So after installing new cable i need to somehow slot this in? I cannot see how do i take that off and put them on the new one.i can take that off by cutting the plug wire but how bout the new cable? And is it not posible to fit something like this?
http://www.supercheapauto.com.au/on...Lead-Kit-B6042HP-Blue.aspx?pid=154957#details

Top Bottom