sound krik krik krik

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

Ibrahim Hanif

Club Guest
Found at my passanger side left engine bay. Sound like krik krik krik. Like 'cengkerik' haha. Insect sound. Sound when driving at 1800rpm. After that gone. Some more when bumpy ride it appears. Its like from vibration. Where the sound come from sifus. Weird. Check mechanic all ok. Thanks for advice.

Air cond blower bearing gave way also can produce 'cengkerik' sound.
Try to off the air cond and see if the sound still exist or not.

Tq bro. But if the ac tensioner is the faulty, how come when I off the ac the noise is still there. Just to make sure. Read some cases said that have to clean the DISA valve. Any opinion?

if thats the case, check other belting and all connecting bearings/pulley (these are the usual crickets under the hood ;) ...

best is go see doktor ... :)

Ibrahim Hanif;696422 said:
Tq bro. But if the ac tensioner is the faulty, how come when I off the ac the noise is still there. Just to make sure. Read some cases said that have to clean the DISA valve. Any opinion?

If i'm not mistaken our aircond is the clutch type ... Meaning regardless whether we on or off the aircond the AC belt still runs. Please correct me if i'm wrong sifu :4:

B33mEr;696652 said:
If i'm not mistaken our aircond is the clutch type ... Meaning regardless whether we on or off the aircond the AC belt still runs. Please correct me if i'm wrong sifu :4:

Spot on, furthermore Ibrahim Hanif is N42, the serpentine belt will always run, turning on the air-con will engage the magnetic clutch. From description, this "cengkerik" sounds like a bearing or belt tensioner problem. Cheers.

Only one belt on N42, so there is no specific AC belt tensioner. Mine snapped once on the hiway, lost air-con, lost power steering, water pump stopped and alternator stopped, stranded one day in Ipoh. This should be in your preventive maintenance list. Cheers.

n42b18_n42b20_front_20090808_1699780485.jpg

Problem solve dude. Visit doctor double check everything. Luckly the same day my exp tank crack. Change and check everything. There is a coil or wire cover not intact properly. Clip everything and all tight properly. Now no cengkerik sound. Unfortunately today my alarm did not stop for an hour. Weird. Disconnect battery also not work.Then rush to my workshop with my car alarm on. All people stare at me like hell. Haha. Then mechanic diagnose everything then ok. He said my rear window got problem. I admit it because just a week before my regulator fail. I'm not sure about it weather it was the culprit. Maybe my rear window not fully closed. I mean close it manually. What do u guys think? Hmm. .

Ibrahim Hanif;697301 said:
Problem solve dude. Visit doctor double check everything. Luckly the same day my exp tank crack. Change and check everything. There is a coil or wire cover not intact properly. Clip everything and all tight properly. Now no cengkerik sound. Unfortunately today my alarm did not stop for an hour. Weird. Disconnect battery also not work.Then rush to my workshop with my car alarm on. All people stare at me like hell. Haha. Then mechanic diagnose everything then ok. He said my rear window got problem. I admit it because just a week before my regulator fail. I'm not sure about it weather it was the culprit. Maybe my rear window not fully closed. I mean close it manually. What do u guys think? Hmm. .

Bro, I also got the cengkerik sound at times. Can please describe what cover was tightened? Thanks a lot.

Its a some kind of bracket to (steel) for tight the plastic cover for wires. Its exactly under the manifold cover. I placed everything properly and now the sound gone. But lately after abt 2000kms the sound come again. It comes when sudeen acceleration at 2-3rpm. if constant press no sound heard. Any info abt this please share with me too bro.:top:

This one i have 1st hand experience...

But not on your engine (mine is m52) ... The Cricket/cengkerik sound is from all the Pulley and Tensioner Pulley...

Why did it resurface after 2000km?

Answer was i use an poor imitation pulley on my Drive Belt (i only found out after comparing side by side with original lemfroder pulleys)... while the Tensioner is from original Lemfroder... end up now i change all to Lemfroder ... a friend is using Febi and TRW and its good too... if you always rev past 3000 RPM expect the wear to be faster... only way to battle this is to always "wet" the bearings with the proper grease after every oil change... but that involve a lot of work so just let it wear and buy a new one its not that expansive now...

Another way to sure ruin the pulley bearings are sudden cooling... usually from washing the engine while its on the optimum temperature... if you want to wash the engine please allow the engine to rest at least 6 Hours (according to a reputable mechanic).

Do change the Tensioner pulley including the tensioner not just the pulley, when the tensioner is not doing its job anymore... it will not help much on keeping the belt in constant tension which in turn gave uneven pressure to the whole system...

This is my own experience and advice from Mech... im sure the other sifu can point to much better explanation...

crick crick noise has been diagnosed to the air blower that feeds cabin temperature air into an electronic cluster across the firewall.. this blower works at all times with the A/C either on or off. See this thread. Keep in mind its located on the left side of the car and the pictures are of a left hand drive car which means the pedals are not on the same side as your car.

http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=298527

Top Bottom