Simple September Detailing

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

Eggie86

Club Guest
Treated my car to some additional TLC last week, cos I felt bored and wanted to give it a lil' more lustre. :D Just doing a simple ONR plus waxing routine. Enjoy!
imag0030k.jpg
Applied a thin layer of Meg's Gold Liquid Wax on the bonnet and boot using the B&D ROB. As you can see, there's some 'pitting' stains on the bonnet [term given by KC bro]. Can't be removed via claying or scratch/swirl X etc. But no matter.
imag0031.jpg
imag0032up.jpg
Messy working area. Haha. :D
imag0033z.jpg
Some before and after shots of the side mirror.
imag0036fu.jpg
imag0037k.jpg
imag0038j.jpg
Ooh la la, shiny! :D
imag0040yl.jpg
End Result. :top:
imag0001k.jpg
imag0008vg.jpg
http://a.imageshack.us/img704/6844/imag0009xq.jpghttp://a.imageshack.us/img715/4482/imag0034gd.jpghttp://a.imageshack.us/img413/7933/imag0041sl.jpg

etquah;559259 said:
How do you remove the stain at the rims ?

What type of stains? Actually on closer view, my rims have stains too, some brownish residue which surfaced after I'd used Meg's All Wheel Cleaner. Can't really scrub them off actually. But I think using clay and applying some polish, like KC always does to his cars might help.

Then again, perhaps using APC to agitate the stains might help.

Alex5522;559285 said:
The 2nd Kc will be born very soon...

kc's;559289 said:
hahahahahahaha

he has wax in his blood

Bro, you're too kind with your praise. Haha. Cannot compare with the sifu la. I also don't even own a rotary. :D

Alex5522;559320 said:
I believe your makita will be come very soon..

Hehe, thanks bro. More motivation for me to go out and get one and emulate our detailing sifus. :D

Perhaps one fine day, many years down the line, I'll look back on the path I've taken and the people I've learnt from, to reach where I am, a decent hobby as a detailer. :D

Eggie86;559304 said:
Bro, you're too kind with your praise. Haha. I also don't even own a rotary. :D

no body stopping you ........

I belive you can.......

:top::top::top::top::top::top::top:

Eggie86;559236 said:
imag0030k.jpg

Applied a thin layer of Meg's Gold Liquid Wax on the bonnet and boot using the B&D ROB. As you can see, there's some 'pitting' stains on the bonnet [term given by KC bro]. Can't be removed via claying or scratch/swirl X etc. But no matter.

imag0031.jpg

next project

I am gonna to
IMG_0335.JPG

then

IMG_0342.JPG

you know it

sand down your whole car

IMG_0333.JPG

Lets do it

kc's;559338 said:
no body stopping you ........

I belive you can.......

:top::top::top::top::top::top::top:

Haha, thanks for your encouragement KC. Someday I'll hopefully be able to achieve it. :D

Eggie86;559344 said:
Haha, thanks for your encouragement KC. Someday I'll hopefully be able to achieve it. :D

bro
nothing gonna to stop you

as the sky is the limit:top::top::top:

Thanks KC! :top: Looking forward to seeing you soon. If really can eliminate the pitting, then I suppose, would that be one of your most awesome rescues ever? Hahaha.

Is your car freshly repainted Eggie86? This pitting issue of yours is like zits popping out of the paintwork? If it is like that, it's similar to what happened to a few brand new Honda Civic FD, 1st batch ones a few years back. Usually this happens because the paint did not have enough time to breathe, either before they applied the clearcoat, or they did not let the car dry out properly after clearcoat. How to remove, I dunno liao.

New_Conti_Drebar;562913 said:
Is your car freshly repainted Eggie86? This pitting issue of yours is like zits popping out of the paintwork? If it is like that, it's similar to what happened to a few brand new Honda Civic FD, 1st batch ones a few years back. Usually this happens because the paint did not have enough time to breathe, either before they applied the clearcoat, or they did not let the car dry out properly after clearcoat. How to remove, I dunno liao.

Hey bro. Most of the top-facing surfaces have not been repainted before. Still original paint from the time my dad got the car from the previous owner in 2005. Erm, it's not really like zits popping out, as in can feel it jutting out from the paint. It's like embedded into the paint, like acid tear shaped drops which can be found all over my bonnet, boot and roof. Guess the car might have been parked somewhere near a construction site while I was abroad.

Eggie86,

Bro, did you manage to remove those acid tear shaped drops? I have similar problem, bonnet, roof and it can't be removed. Black car. Do you mind to share?

Thanks

chinman;562948 said:
Eggie86,

Bro, did you manage to remove those acid tear shaped drops? I have similar problem, bonnet, roof and it can't be removed. Black car. Do you mind to share?

Thanks

Hey Chinman. I haven't been able to remove the stains. Tried many chemicals but to no avail. Last resort, might ask KC to help wetsand the affected areas.

Eggie86;562960 said:
Hey Chinman. I haven't been able to remove the stains. Tried many chemicals but to no avail. Last resort, might ask KC to help wetsand the affected areas.

hahahahaha...it takes an alien to do it...
crazy enough to try things out of this world...mind to join me...

well, lets set a date & rock it babe...life is like a box of chocolate ...you never know what you will get out of it

chinman;562948 said:
Eggie86,

Thanks

just to probe ...how & where did u get it? did u try to polish it off?? any thing you does help??

Sunny October Morning Detailing

Clayed and waxed the rear 3/4s of my car this morning. It's as smooth as a baby's bottom now! :D

imag0277s.jpg

One pass of Meg's Gold Class Liquid Wax...

imag0278.jpg

Fake badge, but still... :love:

imag0279n.jpg

Before...

imag0280d.jpg

After part 1.

imag0281h.jpg

After part 2.

imag0282.jpg

Shot from my favourite angle. :love:

imag0283l.jpg

imag0284f.jpg