Signal wont flash

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

MalzE36

Club Guest
Hey all. Was just wondering if anyone else has experienced this before. My left signal would stay on instead of flashing. But the right side would flash as usual. Not sure what could be the problem. Even if i turn on the hazard light, only right side will flash and left will just light up. Occasionally it will flash but not at the same pace as the right side. Not sure what to do about it. Thanks in advance.

MalzE36;539592 said:
Hey all. Was just wondering if anyone else has experienced this before. My left signal would stay on instead of flashing. But the right side would flash as usual. Not sure what could be the problem. Even if i turn on the hazard light, only right side will flash and left will just light up. Occasionally it will flash but not at the same pace as the right side. Not sure what to do about it. Thanks in advance.

might be the relay problem. try to change the relay for signal lamp first.

Change the relay? Sound simple enough to DIY. Sorry in advance if this is an obvious question. But, mind enlightening me on where this relay mite be?

MalzE36;539617 said:
Change the relay? Sound simple enough to DIY. Sorry in advance if this is an obvious question. But, mind enlightening me on where this relay mite be?

no8 is emergency flasher relay. it is inside fuse box. but some people solve the not blinking signal problem by changing the bulb.

I have the same problem last 2 months. You sure the relay? I had my mech check and my relay & fuse are ok. He suggest to go chop shop and look for replacement & since I'm at it, try look for M sport. :wink:

Crymson;540172 said:
I have the same problem last 2 months. You sure the relay? I had my mech check and my relay & fuse are ok. He suggest to go chop shop and look for replacement & since I'm at it, try look for M sport. :wink:

Go to chop shop and buy what?

The flasher relay consist of two independent coils in one relay. One for the right side lights and one for the left side lights.

When you activate the emergency button, only the right side is flashing but the left side just stay ON or lighted up. That means that the fuse and bulbs for the left side is OK. I presume you means all the 3 bulbs when you mention the left side bulbs is lighted.

As mention by galaxy, just change or swap the relay No.8 in the fuse box from another bmw to confirm before purchase the flasher relay.

jarance;540482 said:
The flasher relay consist of two independent coils in one relay. One for the right side lights and one for the left side lights.

When you activate the emergency button, only the right side is flashing but the left side just stay ON or lighted up. That means that the fuse and bulbs for the left side is OK. I presume you means all the 3 bulbs when you mention the left side bulbs is lighted.

As mention by galaxy, just change or swap the relay No.8 in the fuse box from another bmw to confirm before purchase the flasher relay.

Yeah. All 3 bulbs light up. I'll try the relay then. Just in case it matters. There are times when the left signal flash but not for long. And also, this problem also happens if i dont use the hazard light switch, as in i use the lever to indicate left signal. Thanx in advance guys.

confirm is the rely problem..i have the same problem..after i change that..all back to normal

MalzE36;540550 said:
Yeah. All 3 bulbs light up. I'll try the relay then. Just in case it matters. There are times when the left signal flash but not for long. And also, this problem also happens if i dont use the hazard light switch, as in i use the lever to indicate left signal. Thanx in advance guys.

Same here, the left signal flash as normal mostly in the morning .... for short while.

Jarance & McFir7 have said it. Hope this helps. I'm going to do my left relay too. :top:

Top Bottom