signal not function

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

frenchy

Club Guest
dear sifusss...both my signal not function at all... last month left side sometimes ok. start friday both signal out! if i push emergency signal... both blinking nicely. do you'll think it is due to relay problem or others problem. what should you all i look for before send to workshop... :rolleyes:thanks frenchy

mie... my emergency signal switch works fine. all bulb also ok... only when i apply signal left or right notting happen. r u sure bro...

You've asked for potential solution to your problem and I gave mine. Its totally up to you to decide, to try or not to try. When one suggested, there must be a reason.

ok bro... i will try. thanks anyway... need to source for emergency switch then.

bro try replacing the flasher relay.its located inside the steering column cover.it can either be loose(try to push it bck into the socket) or gone kaput.had the same problem with my previous ride.

its most probably the relay switch due to wear and tear. hardware issue. suggest to go to a qualified mech and have it checked.

Thanks for posting here. This is indeed useful. I am also facing the same problem with my E36, right turn signal not working sometimes. Will get mine checked soon.

i had this problem before.. gotta change the fuse for signal indicator.. in the fuse box.. its a black colour fuse box shape

Any idea if only 1 side of the signal is not working? My left turn signal is working perfectly, only the right side not working sometimes. Quite dangerous coz cars behind wouldn't know that I am turning right

the fuse has 2 different mechanism.. 1 for right signal and the other for left.. so i guess changing the fuse will help solve the problem

I am also having the same problem. I suspect is grounding issues coz when the signal & wiper goes, the horn also stopped working.

that's right...i oso got this problem,try check ur interior wiring...my case signal/wiper/horn/radio player not function in da same time...go to wireman & found my lighter socket wire was burn out. after new wiring & change the lighter all ok as usual.

Russie;436415 said:
Any idea if only 1 side of the signal is not working? My left turn signal is working perfectly, only the right side not working sometimes. Quite dangerous coz cars behind wouldn't know that I am turning right

Interesting!!! Never have this problem in E36 before.. Let me check this circuit..:listen:

jarance;437414 said:
Interesting!!! Never have this problem in E36 before.. Let me check this circuit..:listen:

yeah I donno what's wrong. Sometimes there's a split second buzzer sound (just like the buzzer sound when u off your engine and forgot to off your headlight). Is it some kind of short circuit? Who can guide me pls?

Can anyone help me .. i have this similar prob.
First i had changed my dashboard about 3 weeks ago and everything seems to be fine. When I was driving fast on the highway last night and when used my signal, my player flickered twice then went off. I also noticed that my signal werent working but my hazard light was. So when i brought to the wayar shop he saidd the switch is spoilt and reckon me to take it to bmw spares.

I decided to send to another shop and found out that the signal relay in the steering collum was busted. After changing it it worked for a while and it got burned again. Now i have my player working but but the signals relay keeps burning out and so are random fuses in the fuse box every time a relay is fixed. Hazard light doesnt seem to work now also.

Can anyone help or know a shop will dedicate their time to troubleshoot this and instead of telling me to go here and there

Hmm...Sound like earth wiring not stable current to the device..must fully check by wireman bro...

Russie;437450 said:
yeah I donno what's wrong. Sometimes there's a split second buzzer sound (just like the buzzer sound when u off your engine and forgot to off your headlight). Is it some kind of short circuit? Who can guide me pls?

The split second buzzer is due to one of the switch in the headlight switch about to be broken. This is due to worn out broken cam in the switch.

When one of the switch is misaligned, the controller still think that the light is still on but it is actually not cos other contacts are use for actual power light switching.

Top Bottom