Should I lowered my car?

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

ck318ci

Club Guest
As title? I have never done so to any of my cars... The car currently doesnt look weird on the 20's But was given the option to Lower it with H and R. All these ppl from US seems to have high praises on these. Can anyone give me some feedback on how H and R ride? I dont want to loose out the comfort. as my car is mainly a poser than a goer.. hahahah ck

If you lower your car then obviously you will lose comfort, it's one or another :) Since you're in Singapore and road conditions there are so much better than Malaysia, just go ahead and do it. If you don't like it, you can always swap back to original springs.

I thought they just have a lower spring, the sprung weight should be the same.
According to H&R website, it says you will retain the comfort of stock setting.
Just want to hear from ppl who have changed and used such springs.

Sg road condition is indeed way better than My. But I still drive back some time..

Anyone been to puchong road.. that road is piece of crap man... just around Chan brothers

Dilemma? Heheh..this was happen to me when i want to lower my car with those 18" rim (18" for e39 is big enough last day compare to f10 now). But after u lower the car, u wouldn't turning back. No regret for me and car definitely looks different.

Tips: Drive fast in SG, drive slow in Puchong, then u will save. :4:

The stock spring will give you a higher gap between tyres and fender because it's softer, able to bounce more (spring rate) on uneven roads thus giving you the comfort. If you lower the car, the spring is stiffer because if not, your tyres will hit the fender every single time :) Obviously the spring rate cannot be the same?

if you have fear for high ramps and humps, then stay away from lowering. you will sweat each time when met with these obstacles.

LiteBulb;675884 said:
if you have fear for high ramps and humps, then stay away from lowering. you will sweat each time when met with these obstacles.

if install the m sport body kit, will the front have lower clearance?

From previously lowered car, multi storey carpark is a pain. Speedhumps are nightmare and heart stops whenever you hear underbody scraping. Just wondered what if the car's wheelbase is longer. Go low but not too low.

[video=youtube;XWxxuG2Ru9c]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XWxxuG2Ru9c[/video]

Go for it! especially if 20 inch rims and msport. Some aftermarket Lowering springs have identical spring rate as stock so the comfort is there, if it's harsh it's because of the rims not the springs. Wheel gaps is not nice looks like a 4x4.

aidilj;675914 said:
From previously lowered car, multi storey carpark is a pain. Speedhumps are nightmare and heart stops whenever you hear underbody scraping. Just wondered what if the car's wheelbase is longer. Go low but not too low.

[video=youtube;XWxxuG2Ru9c]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XWxxuG2Ru9c[/video]

Funny la aidilj.

For my experience, i have a m-sport, and i've change to h&r sport and i don't feel any discomfort compare to OEM set-up.

this is quite encouraging.

I will see how the M sport looks on stock spring first with 20
If it looks alright, I will just keep the current set up.

ck318ci;675953 said:
this is quite encouraging.

I will see how the M sport looks on stock spring first with 20
If it looks alright, I will just keep the current set up.

when it will be ready doc..? man u so fast.. haha

haha... been taking about it.
5k is expensive but Did a bit of research
UK: SE to M sport- 3600 GBP ( Yes, u will get the Full M)
US: M sport bodykit alone- 2900 USD
My: Bro Xero did his for 14K Ringgit

So for my kit to be 4k plus another 1k for painting and Installation is still " acceptable"

I ve check with PML, is 9k plus for similar service excluding GST ( another 7 %)

Gonna deal on Sat

Then Kit will be send for painting on Monday

Should be on my car end of next week...

Wife gonna kill me!!!!

Top Bottom