..shock absorber rubber..

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

Ecc0

Associate Member
..hi guys..recently my attention took suspicious sound i hear when moving vehicle slowly..like tire touching something..after removing wheels, i discovered that rubber wrapping shock absorbers(wrapping that shiny 'hydraulic cylinder like' metal comming out of absorber), is lose and touching tire..so, since i haven't found anything online , i was wondering what should i do?? Is this means that i have to replace shock absorber or rubber can be ordered separately ??

Some photos of the specific areas that you mentioned might help instead us readers just visualize in our heads [as it may be incorrect] and advise "blindly" imo...

..rubber im talking about is shown on this absorber in blue color..

35-124092_1.jpg

Hhmm... are you on aftermarket setup? Looks like a tire fitment issue. You may want to check your tire profile if it goes correctly with the wheels.

An easy way out would be using spacers if you still have room between tire and fender...

Ecco, i have the same exact problem, except that it has fallen off somewhere! If my understanding is correct, that blue thing is a dust cover. Not sure if it will affect the shock's performance.

Maybe other sifus here can advise. In my case, my shocks bushings need to be replaced too as cracks can be seen on all 4 of them.

@Swanson
Yes, same is in my case. I think folks understood it that tire touching that rubber thing. But actually, tnat rubber thing is dropped off from its top fixing spot, so i can see that 'shiny' part of absorber cylinder. Because its lose from top fix point, it bents a bit toward tire and touching it, what makes tnat sound i mentioned. So, i just wanted to know, is it possible to order rubber only and replace lose one, or i have to change whole absorber?

ya you can buy the dust cover or dust boot for shock absorbers. Is your shocks OEM or aftermarket?

Common name would be dust boots for google.

thanks MRsamdol..shocks are OEM..also i noticed remaining 3 dust boots are full of tiny cracks, so i think Ill change it all..any recommendation where i can get it here in KL maybe ?? If not, any recommended online store??

Top Bottom