service interval n disc brake

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

joetan

Club Guest
need help on 2 things.1) original disc brakes (front) or non ori? friend of mine told me to get the non ori coz of the holes (has got to do with heat)2) got my ride at 54000km. what should be the interval for servicing? every 5,10, 15,20?appreciate the feedback from u sifus out there. just if it matters my ride's a e46 thanx

Ori brake disc is of course better. Some ppl prefer to use OEM coz less brake dust.
Many OEM brand an high performance available. Some ppl complain of squeak sound when use OEM.

Service interval is a matter of preference. Of course, the shorter the interval, the better it is for your engine. There are some ppl who change oil every 3 weeks or 3000 km and he will swear by it that he have no problem with his engine.

Oil changing is dependant on the type of oil use. Fully synthetic oil tend to last longer than normal mineral oil but they cost more.

There have been several debates on the oil type and servicing interval.

Each have is pro and con but the type of oil that you choose depend on your driving. Agressive or slow or normal.

BTW, there is a search feature in the "Tag Search". It does link you to several thread discuss previously.

btw, for newer car syntectic is much better due to lower viscoscity.

Some says 5 to 50 are good, some say 0 to 55 are better.

However, for older car, semi syn is better due to worn out oil seal and hence less likely to leak. I use semi for my E36. Previously use shell helix fully syn but found some leak. Change to semi syn and not much leak.

Use ori brake cos its good enough. dont waste money on other expensive brand like brembo.

service ? its up to u. if u use fully Syn oil, then service every 10000km. if use semi syn, then service every 5,000km.

forget bout mineral oil, that's for PROTON ISWARA , OR OTHER SHIT MALAYSIAN CARS.

brand of oil?? Castrol is very good. in fact it is used in F1 also.

second choice, mobil oil.

there's no 3rd choice, he he he.

CHEERS AND ENJOY YOUR RIDE.

Jimi;220083 said:
Use ori brake cos its good enough. dont waste money on other expensive brand like brembo.

service ? its up to u. if u use fully Syn oil, then service every 10000km. if use semi syn, then service every 5,000km.

forget bout mineral oil, that's for PROTON ISWARA , OR OTHER SHIT MALAYSIAN CARS.

brand of oil?? Castrol is very good. in fact it is used in F1 also.

second choice, mobil oil.

there's no 3rd choice, he he he.

CHEERS AND ENJOY YOUR RIDE.
i agree with Jimi on changing every 5000 if u r using semi and change every 10,000 if using fully. if u love your car so much & have the money, u can even change it much sooner than that. as long as its synthetic oil, i think any brand also can lar, but some particular brand r good like Q8, redline, castrol, mobil, etc.

Top Bottom