Selling my BMW 523i for good !!?

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

elvis_tay

Club Guest
I like to share with others if anyone had thoughts like me? My BMW 523i have cost me a lot to keep it running well. Just last week, when I looked at the maintenance bill, I noticed a radiator cap cost me Rm80, and the air-filter box at Rm 850 and the original set of wipers costing triple of my younger brother's Vios . My car is 7 years old and is out of warranty. More and more parts will need to be replaced as time goes by. Since new, I think I spent (after warranty) nearly Rm3000 ~ Rm4000 per year. Twice I spent Rm16,000 and Rm17,000 due to Michelin ps2 tyre replacement, throttle, radiator, battery, sensors, bearings, etc. etcI still appreciate my BMW particularly when I have to drive other people's car during servicing, repairs and being blocked in the driveway. But now as my BMW is depreciating in value rather steeply, I am seriously considering selling it off and buy the next Toyota Camry, Honda Accord or the new Perdana(Nissan Fuga) replacement when it arrive our Malaysian shores. Any similar views out there? Please share

Hey bro,

Never an easy decision when it comes to parting with a car you've used for a very long time.

Of course, you have your own reasons for selling, but honestly, ease of mind driving a car like the Camry, Accord or Fuga, as compared to the driving pleasure of a car with the roundel?

Hope you'll make the right decision bro.

Take a step back and think of the good times u spent with ur car..im sure it will outrun your dillemma..

If i remember correctly, the next Fuga-based Perdana is for government official only and not for the public market.

Secondly, sure or not 523i is 7 years old?? Last ones were produced in 1999/2000

i still think E39 beats all other new makes of any JDM.
unless if urs is a E60.
now that consumes a lot.

elvis_tay;629702 said:
I like to share with others if anyone had thoughts like me?
My BMW 523i have cost me a lot to keep it running well. Just last week, when I looked at the maintenance bill, I noticed a radiator cap cost me Rm80, and the air-filter box at Rm 850 and the original set of wipers costing triple of my younger brother's Vios . My car is 7 years old and is out of warranty. More and more parts will need to be replaced as time goes by. Since new, I think I spent (after warranty) nearly Rm3000 ~ Rm4000 per year.
Twice I spent Rm16,000 and Rm17,000 due to Michelin ps2 tyre replacement, throttle, radiator, battery, sensors, bearings, etc. etc

I still appreciate my BMW particularly when I have to drive other people's car during servicing, repairs and being blocked in the driveway.

But now as my BMW is depreciating in value rather steeply, I am seriously considering selling it off and buy the next Toyota Camry, Honda Accord or the new Perdana(Nissan Fuga) replacement when it arrive our Malaysian shores.

Any similar views out there? Please share

RM3K - RM4K then u pening already? Bro, to be honest, the amount still consider low if compare with my e39. Mine is around RM6K each year. I was told the maintenance and parts for e60 are higher than e39, so u should spend more than me if compare with my case.

The car may need u to invest/spend more in coming years.

haywire;629718 said:
If i remember correctly, the next Fuga-based Perdana is for government official only and not for the public market.

Secondly, sure or not 523i is 7 years old?? Last ones were produced in 1999/2000

I think his car is e60.

elvis_tay;629702 said:
I like to share with others if anyone had thoughts like me?
My BMW 523i have cost me a lot to keep it running well. Just last week, when I looked at the maintenance bill, I noticed a radiator cap cost me Rm80, and the air-filter box at Rm 850 and the original set of wipers costing triple of my younger brother's Vios . My car is 7 years old and is out of warranty. More and more parts will need to be replaced as time goes by. Since new, I think I spent (after warranty) nearly Rm3000 ~ Rm4000 per year.
Twice I spent Rm16,000 and Rm17,000 due to Michelin ps2 tyre replacement, throttle, radiator, battery, sensors, bearings, etc. etc

I still appreciate my BMW particularly when I have to drive other people's car during servicing, repairs and being blocked in the driveway.

But now as my BMW is depreciating in value rather steeply, I am seriously considering selling it off and buy the next Toyota Camry, Honda Accord or the new Perdana(Nissan Fuga) replacement when it arrive our Malaysian shores.

Any similar views out there? Please share

Since I've gotten my E39, I've forked out in excess of RM15k to get it running the way I want it, but never once have I regretted getting it over a Honda, Toyota or Proton.

BMW's, no matter what vintage, will always cost more to run than your equivalent Jap mobile. Which is why Continentals aren't for everyone.

They say there are two types of car owners. The ones that choose with their hearts, and the ones that choose with their wallets. I for one, am proud to be part of the former.

I put my heart and soul to my car..parting without necessarily reasonable reason is the last word to me..hope u make the right decision bro..i keep japanese car as well as the conti..am enjoying the best of both worlds:love::top:

After driving the 1997 E39 for the past 4 years... I had converted it into a weekend fun gas guzzler in the process... was looking around for a sensible brand new car with warranty, tried the Camry, Accord, Teana, etc... but they all felt inferior to the E39, even though they were more than a decade apart in age. Ended up going back to the BMW badge. Spoiled already lar.

paultantk;630283 said:
After driving the 1997 E39 for the past 4 years... I had converted it into a weekend fun gas guzzler in the process... was looking around for a sensible brand new car with warranty, tried the Camry, Accord, Teana, etc... but they all felt inferior to the E39, even though they were more than a decade apart in age. Ended up going back to the BMW badge. Spoiled already lar.

Agreed! E39 still one of the best car around. Thinkin of convert to Japs or Conti car as well but only BMW provide the driving feeling that unexplainable. Congrat on the F10 paul

well....to me i will keep the car and have another car as daily drive....

i've been driving my e46 for more thn 3 years...yes it break down..yes is underpowered (M43tub19-ish)...but i still love the car..everytime i look at it...is like beauty....coz driving bmw, you tend to be a bit fussy...bissing here, thn repair..bissing there..also repair.losak...tukar....cost of running high la.....coz mindset is bmw = perfect even though is 10 years or 15 years old car....d

dont u agree..???

Totally agree with u eujin..it makes perfect sense that owning a bimmer is a manifestation of our dedication to the ride..repair,repair n mods to perfection..

yup...thts is only 1 thing in mind.. maintain the car like brand new and feel brand new....everything must be clean inside out....noise must be minimal..in and out...im sure all bimmer are like tht.

Always think that my old JFT still stands out among other makes..thinking of sending him for massat lah...hehe

JFT63;632040 said:
Always think that my old JFT still stands out among other makes..thinking of sending him for massat lah...hehe

thumbs up......fb "like,like,like"....

aaaaaaaaaaaa...massat???or facial wash...

eujinee;632173 said:
thumbs up......fb "like,like,like"....

aaaaaaaaaaaa...massat???or facial wash...

hehe:top:...All in a package la bro, together with the owner..owner also needs massat and facial treatment as well lor.:vroam:

Top Bottom