safety feature

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

Sr20

Club Guest
Hi all....any one can tell how it function on the following feature on our UDM ??DTC, DSC and ABS???thx SR20

kayzhen911;537557 said:
window anti-trap

this i know , is thing are located in the doors window frame .

it is a function to rebounce when the sensor detected something got stcuk in the middle of the window glass when the power window is winding upward.

DSC = Drag Speed Converter. It is used in Drag or track racing or when you want to launch the car from a standstill. Activate it by pressing the button marked "DSC" a light should light up on your dashboard to inform you that DSC is active.

DTC = Dynamic Torque Catalyst. It transforms torque generated by the engine into kinetic energy. The more DTC you have the more kinetic energy you car has to travel forward. Activate it by pressing the button marked "DTC" a light should light up on your dashboard to inform you that DTC is active.

ABS = All-terrain Balancing System. Used to stabilize and inform you that the car is traveling on rough roads and that the chassis is flexing. It functions by emitting creaking sounds inside the car.

Next question...

solo;538199 said:
DTC = Dynamic Torque Catalyst. It transforms torque generated by the engine into kinetic energy. The more DTC you have the more kinetic energy you car has to travel forward. Activate it by pressing the button marked "DTC" a light should light up on your dashboard to inform you that DTC is active.

:rolleyes: No objection on the DSC & ABS...

But I beg to differ for the DTC :D it stands for Dynamic Traction Control :top:
Here's what I extracted from bmw.com -
"Dynamic Traction Control (DTC) allows for sports-style driving dynamics even when DSC is controlling stability and when wheel traction is higher.
Dynamic Traction Control (DTC) is a sub-function of the Dynamic Stability Control (DSC) system that can be turned on and off. DTC has two major uses: to regulate traction and to enable sports-style driving while providing active stability control.
If the front wheels are stuck in snow and cannot spin properly, this leads to slip on the rear wheels (when they spin faster than the front wheels, generally a sign that performance has been exceeded) and DSC acts to change engine output: the power needed for forward movement is reduced. Switching to DTC has a positive effect on this situation, as traction is improved without a loss of power.
When DTC is on, it helps the driver alleviate the situation enough for DSC's measures to become effective. The driver retains complete control over the vehicle."

thule;538228 said:
:rolleyes: No objection on the DSC & ABS...

But I beg to differ for the DTC :D it stands for Dynamic Traction Control :top:
Here's what I extracted from bmw.com -
"Dynamic Traction Control (DTC) allows for sports-style driving dynamics even when DSC is controlling stability and when wheel traction is higher.
Dynamic Traction Control (DTC) is a sub-function of the Dynamic Stability Control (DSC) system that can be turned on and off. DTC has two major uses: to regulate traction and to enable sports-style driving while providing active stability control.
If the front wheels are stuck in snow and cannot spin properly, this leads to slip on the rear wheels (when they spin faster than the front wheels, generally a sign that performance has been exceeded) and DSC acts to change engine output: the power needed for forward movement is reduced. Switching to DTC has a positive effect on this situation, as traction is improved without a loss of power.
When DTC is on, it helps the driver alleviate the situation enough for DSC's measures to become effective. The driver retains complete control over the vehicle."

Thule,
hi there ...i agree on what u said....and solo....i thing he is more on racing type eh....

For me,Window anti trap is the best safety feature which is a function of rebound when the sensor has detected something stuck me in the center of the glass when the window is rolled on the rise.

Top Bottom