Roof cloth dropping

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

afza

Club Guest
I've noticed recently that the cloth of the internal roof of my e36 is detaching fast as if the glue is no longer there. Feels like driving in a 'kelambu' (mosquito net). Where can I get this done and how much roughly does it cost?Do I need to replace the cloth (lining) altogether ?I am in KL/Selangor area.

Don't worry dude. YOu're not the only one who facing this problem. If you do a search for upholstery or roof lining, you should be able to find some contacts to your solution. Anyway, got mine changed for RM250 2.5 years ago at Y2K in Bandar Tun Razak. I heard the price has gone up to about RM450 now.

Originally posted by afza@May 3 2005, 09:05 AM
I've noticed recently that the cloth of the internal roof of my e36 is detaching fast as if the glue is no longer there. Feels like driving in a 'kelambu' (mosquito net).
Where can I get this done and how much roughly does it cost?
Do I need to replace the cloth (lining) altogether ?
I am in KL/Selangor area.
yes, the cloth lining have to be replaced altogether with new lining. it will involved the removing of the celing insulation material.
The shop will spray glue on the cloth and also the glue on the ceiling insulation material (after the old sponge and glue is removed.)

Be expected to smell glue for a month. :blink:

Cost about RM400 to fix it in Klang.

this would also give you the excuse of changing to the lining colour and material of your choice.....

another tips is to add another insulation layer ( to the roof metal - e.g dynamat-calvin tan ), to cool down to top and especially if you plan to re-upholster to a darker colour too.....

try search google "central car cushion"....located in kepong... I just found out from the net, hv not visited them or tried them yet..

Been quoted by a shop at Subang Perdana for E30 - RM250. (The owner of the shop is driving converted M3 of E36.... )

A friend of mine recommended this place and he's done his Alfa 155 and 168 for RM200. The extra RM50 just because the windscreen of E30 need to be taken out b4 the lining can be dismantle/install

Originally posted by Strider@May 4 2005, 10:56 AM
Been quoted by a shop at Subang Perdana for E30 - RM250. (The owner of the shop is driving converted M3 of E36.... )

A friend of mine recommended this place and he's done his Alfa 155 and 168 for RM200. The extra RM50 just because the windscreen of E30 need to be taken out b4 the lining can be dismantle/install
:yes!: thats reasonablely cheap and don't tell me they take out the rubber of the screen susah oh or just peel alittle inside to place the new material as mine has drop not really but just the last sewing part at the rear split at the heat press part jadi buka sikit. if can be repaired that part it will be nice also. Please PM me the address and Phone No. Name so as I can make a visit at the shop.
Thank you.

should be about rm250-300 not more than that. Its fast to get it done. don't worry. Maybe u can try in klang, Stephan his shop is near famous bah kut teh place in klang, Sq Rasa. Workmanship good. relaible guy.

Im afraid yes, the whole windscreen need to be taken out. The roof lining are glued/silicon together with the windscreen.

i don't know about your case. Maybe they can repair it only. I'll PM you the details. Good luck

I did some of my cars at ACP, SS2 PJ. Ask for David.
He gives a reasonable quote.
Cheers

Check out this place called Yap ..., a two-storey shop behind Shell in SS19/6 Subang Jaya. Good workmanship and reasonable charges.

Originally posted by NumberTWO@May 3 2005, 04:47 PM
try search google "central car cushion"....located in kepong... I just found out from the net, hv not visited them or tried them yet..
I've been to the place, to do my e36 roof lining. It's quite good. Not the cheapest, I suppose but they come with a 1 year warranty, which is a 1 for 1 replacement if the kelambu effect happens again. I also asked the guy to add in heat protection, which he didn't do in the end, since my e36 already has it, apparently.

I didn't see the work until it was done because I left it there and flew off somewhere. Picked it up when I came back.

The cost: RM350

Heat Protection: RM120 (not done)

Their website: http://www.centralcushion.com.my/

Also, he'll do a group discount (don't they all, though).

gier

Top Bottom