Ronnie in the house 1st Sep 2010

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

ronnie2k10

Club Guest
Hello everyone, my name is Ronnie, from Klang.... Thinking of getting a E60 525i 2004/2009 from a friend of mine soon... wonder is there any major problem with that car or not ?? need you bros here to give me some comments...:top: cheers !!

ronnie2k10;557422 said:
Hello everyone, my name is Ronnie, from Klang.... Thinking of getting a E60 525i 2004/2009 from a friend of mine soon... wonder is there any major problem with that car or not ?? need you bros here to give me some comments...:top: cheers !!

Ronnie,

Welcome to the forum.

The e60 525i year 2004 was the 1st batch of e60 using the proven M54 double vanos engine. M54 engine was also used in the later batch of e39. I don't think there are any major problem with the e60 525i. For a year 2004 car, you could be looking at RM 15k to replace parts due to normal wear & tear. Having said that, it also depend how the car is maintained and service by your friend. My advice to you is to bring the car to a reputable BMW workshop and have them do a diagnostic and mechanical test. Other than this, check the VIN number to confirm year of production and other relevant information.

welcome to our forum. join us as Official Member once you own the E60 :)

herbert;557451 said:
Ronnie,

Welcome to the forum.

The e60 525i year 2004 was the 1st batch of e60 using the proven M54 double vanos engine. M54 engine was also used in the later batch of e39. I don't think there are any major problem with the e60 525i. For a year 2004 car, you could be looking at RM 15k to replace parts due to normal wear & tear. Having said that, it also depend how the car is maintained and service by your friend. My advice to you is to bring the car to a reputable BMW workshop and have them do a diagnostic and mechanical test. Other than this, check the VIN number to confirm year of production and other relevant information.

Thanks Bro Herbert, thanks for the information provided.... :top::top:

I just got a call from the bank, my loan has been approved....

My friend is selling at 188k for 525i 2004/09 japan spec.... is the price reasonable or it can be lower ???

I haven't sign any documents yet...

Ronnie, welcome to the BMWCM. You from Klang? Want to join us this coming Friday at Lotus from 9:00 pm. Some of us Klang guys are meeting there to chit chat about BMW. Most of us are 3 series but we can share some ideas.

jarance;557733 said:
Ronnie, welcome to the BMWCM. You from Klang? Want to join us this coming Friday at Lotus from 9:00 pm. Some of us Klang guys are meeting there to chit chat about BMW. Most of us are 3 series but we can share some ideas.

Hi Jarance, this coming friday ?? Maybe I got one appointment, if I finished early then I come join you guys lar... =)

Top Bottom