Rich fuel combustion

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

fuelcheckvalve

Club Guest
hey,anybody can help me with my rich fuel combustion, i can clearly smell like a rotten egg from my exhaust smoke plus no mist came out from there. is anybody outhere can help me to settle this problem. somebody telling me that it was due to sensor problem somewhere on the engine, anyone experience the same previously and how you guy fix it. is there any machine that can dignose the engine and tell me which sensor having an error or miscalibrate.

Originally posted by fuelcheckvalve@Dec 22 2004, 03:48 PM hey,anybody can help me with my rich fuel combustion, i can clearly smell like a rotten egg from my exhaust smoke plus no mist came out from there. is anybody outhere can help me to settle this problem. somebody telling me that it was due to sensor problem somewhere on the engine, anyone experience the same previously and how you guy fix it. is there any machine that can dignose the engine and tell me which sensor having an error or miscalibrate.
sound like your AFM is going.. ///Quicksilver have the same problem.. He solve it by changing the AFM.. Could be also the O2 sensor though..

Did adjust the AFM bypass but cant go any further, how much an oxygen sensor will cost? know anybody who can dignose the motronic and sensors. I got an experience before some guy telling me he can dignose system but end up with he printing error code stored on the motronic ecu

Originally posted by fuelcheckvalve@Dec 22 2004, 03:58 PM Did adjust the AFM bypass but cant go any further, how much an oxygen sensor will cost? know anybody who can dignose the motronic and sensors. I got an experience before some guy telling me he can dignose system but end up with he printing error code stored on the motronic ecu
If it is O2 swnsor problem, you can easily conduct a diagnostic check with a modic II diagnostic tool. Most of the reputable shop who cater for BMW do carry them.. Look up for the thread on workshop. There are some recommendation mention there. good luck.

Top Bottom