Replace shot Bushing to Powerflex RTAB FCAB...

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

mr_bertz

Club Guest
Hi ya guys,My car feels a bit sloppy now when taking corners. During acceleration, it pulls to the left.Read in the international forum that this might due to shot RTAB (rear trailing arm bushing). Some suggest to replace with OEM, but i dont mind harsh ride...so might go with Powerflex..I'm in the midst of finding a workshop thats familiar with changing the bushings..Was thinking of changing the RTAB and FCAB while i'm at it..Any thought on this?..

common wear & tear, most workshops should be able to do a decent job.

it's the parts cost that you may need to find out and the labor charges which differs from place to place.

any place that u can recommend bro?

wud appreciate if u cud PM me the place..thanks a bunch bro..

Bertz, have you done this already?

If you have, would be good if you could share your experience/opinion on your ride's handling/comfort after the change. Tia.

Just go to BM World and get the o ring replaced. It should be less than 1k to get it sorted out.

Sorted bro...Stuttgart got the parts in hand and its way cheaper Bavaria Auto. Rm11++ onli for brand spanking new original unit. Cudnt be more happier.

mr_bertz;625814 said:
Sorted bro...Stuttgart got the parts in hand and its way cheaper Bavaria Auto. Rm11++ onli for brand spanking new original unit. Cudnt be more happier.

How much did Bav Auto quoted you for the powerflex front and rear bushings?

B33mEr;625829 said:
How much did Bav Auto quoted you for the powerflex front and rear bushings?

I did not go to Bav Auto for the Powerflex bro.. Motorsport Division quoted Rm34++ for full sets of Powerflex..

That will include..

1) FRONT WISHBONE REAR BUSH X 2 *
2) FRONT ANTI ROLL BAR MOUNT X 2
3) REAR TRAILING ARM BUSH X 2
4) REAR ANTI ROLL BAR MOUNT X 2
10) REAR SUBFRAME FRONT BUSH X 2
11) REAR SUBFRAME REAR BUSH X 2

*i dont know and not sure if new bushing for the front and rear sway bar will make a difference...but what the heck...hehehe

So i bought it off from Ebay UK for a lot cheaper... Rm1250 my mate is coming back from UK, so no postage cost then.

Sent my car to AMR Technik in shah alam, to replace the bushings is roughly rm500 for the labour. Now waiting for them to install the slave cylinder, then the clutch set, then all of the rear end bushings...then the Powerflex...

Will give a full review when its installed...

mr_bertz;626158 said:
I did not go to Bav Auto for the Powerflex bro.. Motorsport Division quoted Rm34++ for full sets of Powerflex..

That will include..

10) REAR SUBFRAME FRONT BUSH X 2
11) REAR SUBFRAME REAR BUSH X 2

*i dont know and not sure if new bushing for the front and rear sway bar will make a difference...but what the heck...hehehe

So i bought it off from Ebay UK for a lot cheaper... Rm1250 my mate is coming back from UK, so no postage cost then.

Sent my car to AMR Technik in shah alam, to replace the bushings is roughly rm500 for the labour. Now waiting for them to install the slave cylinder, then the clutch set, then all of the rear end bushings...then the Powerflex...

Will give a full review when its installed...

wow ... that' s a full overhaul of your suspension bushings :top: ... But since you're replacing the subframe bushings why don't at the same time do the rear subframe reinforcement unless of course you've done it already?

B33mEr;626179 said:
wow ... that' s a full overhaul of your suspension bushings :top: ... But since you're replacing the subframe bushings why don't at the same time do the rear subframe reinforcement unless of course you've done it already?

Honestly bro, i stretched my budget to the limit oredy... the slave cyclinder, clutch set in not on my budget..

I'll be a good boy no to whack the car (yeah rite..)

Hehehehhe

On the other hand, i pray hard so that there's no crack on the subframe..

Owh,

Just a quick list of bushing job if anybody would like to do it...the car is manufactured in 2003, so i guess its about time anyway..

5) REAR SUBFRAME FRONT BUSH X 2
6) REAR SUBFRAME REAR BUSH X 2

Item 1 to 6 is PowerFlex

7) Stock Front Differential Mount Bushing
8) Driveshaft Center Support Bearing
9) Replacement Flex Disc - Guibo
10) Rear Control Arm Lower Inner Bushing
11) Rear Control Arm Upper Inner Bushing
12) Upper and lower Outer Rear Trailing Arm Ball joint
13) Rear Shock Mount

Still waiting for the delivery of KW V2 coilover..

Will edit this post with parts number later for reference..

Top Bottom