Refurbishing Sport Rims

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

ayek

Club Guest
Hi guys,Just acquired my 15" sport rims. Condition not so bad that's why I plan to DIY if possible. Anybody has done that. Roughly, I was thinking to do the following:1) sand paper some rough edges2) wash3) repaint them. Are those ok? Any suggestions? Anyone knows what type of paint to use and where to get? All precautions and suggestions are welcomed.Thanks in advance

bro...the steps u wanna perform is ok....bare in mind tht when u sand paper u need a rough one n followed by a smoother one a bit to even up the layout....wash it all out n find for places tht u missed out n redo the process until u get a smooth surface thn apply high temp. laquer spray n once complete finish it with clear spray to prevent the pain from chiping...in terms of paint i guess most hardware shop can get thm...any spray ranging from $15 n above is good...make sure it says high temperature...this is wht i did b4 to my old ride n it lasted for very long...

wahhhhh....ayek,finaly u got ur 15" rims huh?
wht brand is it?

anyway,the steps mentioned by u seems logical and practical...
if u need help,holler!

rgds,
-brad-

Hey,

Thanks all for the helpful tips. Have guts will DIY!

With regards to the high temp paint, could we use it to spray on the engine. I had a discussion earlier with my mech. about how to clean the engine and he suggested to paint it. My concern is would it last? How about the heat transfer? any adverse effect ? Sorry out of topic a bit...

and brad, if you could hear me howling it could be that I have done something wrong to those rims.

Cheerio!

Sorry, new to this but does the same process applies for the interior paint on the engine. Getting one where a portion of the silver paint on the engine block is missing.

Actually there is a tyre shop in Shah Alam that does refurbishing.

Beside refurbishing, they also repair the rim if it found distorted. Also they can removed all the scratch mark on the edge of the rim.

I did mine for about RM75 per rim (for 17") including spraying and polishing.
The price should be lower for 15" rim.

Now my rims are very kilat.. he..he..

segambut tai soon. the refurb wheels. will also provide loaners so you can drive the car. refurb about the same price as jarance mentioned but depends on rim size.

There's a professional rims refurbisher in Sri Damansara. I had my BBS RS 3 piece done there whereby every bolt (32 piece X 4 rims) was taken out and polished!!! Price wise reasonable too.

The cost of refurbishing the 16" BBS rims i.e. dismantaling all 3 pieces, clean, sand blasting, oven baked spray painting, lacquer, polishing the lip and polishing the 32 X 4 (128) lock nuts plus refitting is RM900.00

Other standard one piece rim will be about RM60 - RM80 each depending on rim sizes like 16" to 18"

They have 2 lathe machines and at least 5 workers. In fact many tyreshops in KL North send their customers rims to them. So going direct to them will cut out the middleman commission and you can actually see the process that the rims go through.

Only setback, they do not provide spare/back up rims.

mr vincent, thanks for sharing.

ps : can pm me the location and address and person to see?

tq

vincent,

where is exactly the rims refurbish shop in s.alam tat uve mentioned? thx for sharing

Bailey said:
vincent,

where is exactly the rims refurbish shop in s.alam tat uve mentioned? thx for sharing

Bailey, this shop is not in Shah Alam. It's located near Public Mutual Berhad, Sri Damansara area.

The shop name and address is as follows;

Wheel Recon Enterprise
No. 111 Jalan KIP 9
Taman Perindustrian KIP
52200 Kuala Lumpur

Boss : Ah Tee 016-2545980 or office 03-62757162

Top Bottom