Recall Notice – Water Drainage Grommet

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

honey282

Club Guest
Received a call from BMW Malaysia for a recall to rectify the water drainage grommet.

Not sure what is it and so far did not see anybody mentioning if they were involved in the same recall.

Anybody here got the call to bring in their F30s?

Mind to advise?

No one from BMW Malaysia call me leh. Which F30 model and year of make? Thanks for sharing

Did my 1st service (Mileage 10676km) yesterday and was told there was a "technical campaign".
Mine was something about crankshaft "if i recall correctly"; installation of some kit.

They need to assess your car as it effect only certain batches of car.
It took 9 freaking hours (1/2 day technical campaign & what not, servicing, alignment & balancing)

My car; 328i M Sport - August 2013.

Btw there was no call or what not.
Send 1st service and before signing the service reception at the car; check-list, I was shown the technical campaign print out.

Orinoco said:
Btw there was no call or what not.
Send 1st service and before signing the service reception at the car; check-list, I was shown the technical campaign print out.
Simi technical campaign. It's just a nicer name for a recall. I hope my car not affected by this.

Will call on Monday and see if my car is affected or not as it's been in the workshop for more than a week now for them to fix various stuff. Will ask them settle it together if mine's affected.

seancorr said:
Will call on Monday and see if my car is affected or not as it's been in the workshop for more than a week now for them to fix various stuff. Will ask them settle it together if mine's affected.
Don't be surprise if the SC says they know nothing about any recall for f30.

splee said:
Don't be surprise if the SC says they know nothing about any recall for f30.
Haha we'll see as I'm dealing directly with the service manager whenever I send my car in. I noticed this recall thingy is also happening in other countries as we speak.

The removal of the water drainage grommet is nothing serious. U can make an appointment to remove it now or just take it in during the next service.

No need to get your panties in a twist.

Jason :D

Aparently leaves may get stuck in water drainage channel at the car's fire wall where the grommet sits. If enough leaves get stuck due to the grommet and water stands for a long perod of time, rust may appear.

Jason :D

Got mine done at the same time as my claim for warranty...car has been in there for 2 weeks now...wonder what's wrong with it

Top Bottom