Rear window lifter

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form
astroboy said:
Wow.. so exercising the lifter often also can't prevent its failure. Useless design.
Aiyo, exercising the lifter as is not a preventive measure.

The proper preventive measure is to wind down all windows and clean the window edges and rubber lining of dirt (every 2 to 3 months).
Apply the area where the glass area which is touching the rubber lining with silicon grease.

The reason most failure occurred at the rear windows is because they are seldom used. The dirt built up and "gripped" the window
pane and cause high resistance. Sometime the tinting are one of the cause of the problem as it add thickness to the window pane.

In my case, it was a broken wheel. Got it replaced for less than RM50 (DIY).

Hi - I just replaced E46 rear window faulty cable with RM110 from Bavaria Auto, Klang. Normally the window motor is quite lasting.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

astroboy said:
Kama, that's what I did. The regulator I bought 2 years ago was RM165. Didn't replace motor.

I spent less than an hour to replace the regulator. But more than an hour to reprogram the anti-catch function.

Takes some muscles in prying, removing few torx bolts, and unlatch some connecting rods. It should be quite a handful for Grace to undertake and the torx bolts remover tools is not a common tool you can find in a hardware shop.

Sorry my reply was not included above..yes astro, after watching some diy videos i guess this is a straightforward job. Seen couple of ur diy videos urself, well done.
My window works just fine, i did not program anything after i install the regulator.

Wow, that's incredible.

Your anti-catch function should fail after removal of the regulation. Your one-press function to fully open/close the window still works?

The fully wind up and down needs reinitialisation.

kama said:
Sorry my reply was not included above..yes astro, after watching some diy videos i guess this is a straightforward job. Seen couple of ur diy videos urself, well done.
My window works just fine, i did not program anything after i install the regulator.

Yes astro, i did in fact pressed the switch for few moments, but i dont think i follow the initialisation procedures correctly, but window somehow work normally..
Lately eyeing f30 since my e90 starting to have few cosmetics and suspension related problems

Top Bottom