Rear window lifter

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

Grace Wong

Hello, anyone can advise if the window will prompt the warning in the dashboard if is not functioning ? My left rear window drop to end without any warning.if yes, what cause it no sign at dashboard prior failure.

Thanks bro...due to urgent got it changed at M1 at RM675 inclusive of gst & labour on ori lifter.

Hi Astroboy, referred your blog by right should prompt warning sign but guess my one cable totally putus that's why no warning sign.It was happened on Sunday evening time and no shop I known was opened ! I was damp panic don't know where to keep my car till next day as my condo is not really safe due to the integration of upgrading security system.Learn from bad experience nowadays if off work late not going to wind down any of the window instead just open the door to scan the access card. Sooo Kia su..

The alarm signifies the anti-catch algorithm malfunction. Our window has an anti-catch logic which need to be initialized to prevent the window from catching people's hand when in auto mode. When the lifter broke, the anti-catch algorithm will go crazy and trigger the alarm to warn people not to rely on the anti-catch mechanism.

By the way, we are supposed to exercise the lifter once in a while to prevent it from seizing which will result in lifter failure. Both my rear lifters failed due to hardly used.

Oh i see...very clear explanation and learn something new. My one is another way round, everyday wind down then unbelievable lifter spoil faster but since my car is 8 years, time to spoil la...

astroboy said:
The alarm signifies the anti-catch algorithm malfunction. Our window has an anti-catch logic which need to be initialized to prevent the window from catching people's hand when in auto mode. When the lifter broke, the anti-catch algorithm will go crazy and trigger the alarm to warn people not to rely on the anti-catch mechanism.

By the way, we are supposed to exercise the lifter once in a while to prevent it from seizing which will result in lifter failure. Both my rear lifters failed due to hardly used.
If that's the case, need to do some exercising later today :laugh: . Thanks for the heads up!

hi astroyboy..i saw on youtube that e90 models can use remote control for unlock/lock the car/ windows n folding side mirrors upside/downsideat a same time with press n holding the button...i try to my car 320d e90 but only work on the lock/unlock the car/windows but folding side mirrors upside/downside doesn't work out..why? sorry for stupid question! hehehehe

Nmr Nik Soh said:
hi astroyboy..i saw on youtube that e90 models can use remote control for unlock/lock the car/ windows n folding side mirrors upside/downsideat a same time with press n holding the button...i try to my car 320d e90 but only work on the lock/unlock the car/windows but folding side mirrors upside/downside doesn't work out..why? sorry for stupid question! hehehehe
You need to do some coding for that to work. Either DIY or send to a mechanic that can code it for you.

To do coding what you need for your E90 is a obd2 to USB cable which support K+DCAN Interface, BMW Scanner software 2.0.1 or higher, and a laptop.

You can refer to the GEneral Tech section in this forum for more info. There is a sticky topic titled "Feedback on BMW Scanner 1.4.0". 40 pages worth of info.

It should work.. it's a long press.. 5 to 10 sec. All BMW has this feature.. since the e46 era if not mistaken.

But Grace why would u wind down your left rear window everyday?

Nmr Nik Soh said:

Hi Astroboy, my car was tinted and every staff's car compulsory to have security check even at back seat, so I have to wind down for them to check, quite troublesome but no choice.

Precisely...often exercising even worst. This mean for the past one year I am winding 240 times (working day 5days per week x 12months) the lifter get spoiled.I bought brand new my e90 and just wonder why the quality is unexpected worst. Conclusion is either the design or the quality is bad.

Assuming ur window motor is good, u can buy window regulator around RM 140 and diy urself. U can find it in ebay and mudah, diy mine in 1 hr. Lots of youtube videos.

Kama, that's what I did. The regulator I bought 2 years ago was RM165. Didn't replace motor.

I spent less than an hour to replace the regulator. But more than an hour to reprogram the anti-catch function.

Takes some muscles in prying, removing few torx bolts, and unlatch some connecting rods. It should be quite a handful for Grace to undertake and the torx bolts remover tools is not a common tool you can find in a hardware shop.

Haha...impossible for me la... I am that type of wearing 5" high heel lady will never hands down to diy myself lor !

That makes you the most BMW technical savvy 5" heel wearing lady..

Grace Wong said:
Haha...impossible for me la... I am that type of wearing 5" high heel lady will never hands down to diy myself lor !

Top Bottom