Rear Shock Mounting ( RSM )

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

8080pbmw

Club Guest
Hi , Sifus of bimmer land,Wondering does everyone have this problem on their 3 series ?The Problem: Stock Rear Shock Mounts Fail Frequently3-series BMW rear shock mounts (RSM's) are put under a lot of abuse, especially in higher performance models (M3, for example). Because of poor design and extensive abuse, these mounts often fail with the inner metal sleeve separating from the rubber bushing. Usually, this manifests itself as rattling and deflection of the rear shock mount, leading to poor suspension performance and a great deal of annoyance. Replacing the RSM's with OEM units provides temporary relief, but invariably they fail again, usually in 20K miles or so, but often MUCH less when aftermarket high performance shocks are used. The Solution: A New Rear Shock Mount DesignThe solution is a high performance rear shock mount from JT-Designs. Constructed with aircraft grade aluminum, the base is CNC Milled and the shuttle is CNC Turned and Milled to precise tolerances and is the perfect rear shock mount for BMW E30, E36, and E46 cars. The shuttle contains high-density, long-life rubber bushings that are designed for extremely long life as well as a quiet, comfortableride. No increase in noise, vibration, or harshness is evident.And should the bushings ever need replacing (which, by the way, come with a lifetime guarantee as does the shock mount, meaning if the bushings ever fail, you can have them replaced at NO COST) the shuttle is designed to be removed from the top (inside the baggage compartment) with use of a 36 MM 12 point common socket (not included). This will eliminate the need for two people and shock removal to replace the bushings. Expect that bushing replacement will take only a total of 15-20 minutes. Sold 2 per set, the kit also comes complete with 4 new nylock nuts, 4 washers, and 2 body gaskets...this will save a trip to the dealer!Note: When any BMW necessitates the replacement of its rear shock mounts, JT-Designs highly recommends simultaneously installing BMW factory reinforcement plates (Part #51-71-8-413-359).

Curious also.. R U selling one or know where to source for this. How much is the thing

Just to clarify that I am not selling these RSM . Only thinking of an upgrade on my 328 . I got these info from www.mmotorwerks.com .
Came to aware of this as one of my friend whom own a E46 330i have to change them regularly . So since I have not done so since owning the car >3 years , just might be time to have them replaced.
As in the above website claims that RSM fails often , I would like to know if it's common among other 3 series owners .

Originally posted by fabianyee@Feb 10 2006, 03:50 PM
u guys interested in locally made ones?
hey Bro...yeah man..i'm interested...looking to replace my RSM's now...

hahha... when u say "locally made ones" i assume its another one of your artpieces..:).. how do i lay my hands on one, man??..:)

heheh..

cheers

michael

Top Bottom