Rear Height

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

rizal_E34

Club Guest
Hi all,I am sure this is a known problem and probably had been addressed. If it has been, appreciate the redirection.Issue : I notice a few e34s have a noticeable slanted rear suspension height, either left or right. Any particular reason for this? Is it the absorbers, spring, rubber bushing? How best to solve this problem?

in that..case..check with your mech. I'd start with Springs / Mount first if you're trouble shooting.

Normal tuuu, normal tuuu.. which side bro...:listen: Happen to my car also. Mine lower 1 cm at right side. Many people said, use adjustable. Easier to balance the body. I'm not sure but the method to me is relevant...:top::cool:

I don't think using adjustable to solve a drooping issue is wise budget wise..what's the saying. Nak 'bunuh nyamuk bakar kelambu' ? Aiya..start with simple/cheaper things..Springs especially OEM ones do go 'lembik' after some years..pakai n koyak ma...(wear and tear) :67:

rizal_E34;705342 said:
yup. normal eh? but its really noticeable lor.. mata sakit! :p
use back ori spring...sure tak sakit mata..the imbalance will not so noticeable when using standard spring...otherwise go for coilover...:top:

why must you change to a original spring back again if you dun like the current ride height ?

just because of the ride height different, you want to change back to original ? did you know the 520i, 525i and 530i with 535i, 540i spring rates are all different and they look same as each other.

hey pussy, wat is ur opinion then?

I suspect the spring is worn out. Changing to originalk spring is not a bad idea to even up the ride height. sport springs would be better. so, im scouting. anybody has links to a pair of rear springs?

rizal_E34;708771 said:
hey pussy, wat is ur opinion then?

I suspect the spring is worn out. Changing to originalk spring is not a bad idea to even up the ride height. sport springs would be better. so, im scouting. anybody has links to a pair of rear springs?

rizal_E34;708772 said:
oh.. if there is option, I probably need a set from 525 or 530 series.

ahh, i really like you...

first question i forget to ask, is your car lowered already ? or standard ?

if standard, then get some good B6 absorbers and the ride will nice and firm, no crashing.

If lowered, then the ride height is less obvious at the back.

cheers..

hmm...mine is level at the back. or i can make it senget left or right...hahahaha.

ramsing;709035 said:
hmm...mine is level at the back. or i can make it senget left or right...hahahaha.
Sing...install your KIDO's already eh? How does it feel? How much it cost to bring it here?

anakin;709304 said:
Sing...install your KIDO's already eh? How does it feel? How much it cost to bring it here?

Cressidom;709327 said:
Yes please do share..or PM

wahh....how come anakin also know i got kido? hahaha.

well, been running on them for about 2 weeks now. first impression is its much better from the yellow koni. more planted and firm. no roll and u can really take the corners flatly. i think they said it has to run in for a bit, so will see if it needs to settle more. but no regrets giving up yellow koni.

only thing is i'm trying to fine tune the dampers. otherwise i might try a different combo of spring weight to see the difference. price wise its like coilovers from titan or hotbits.

Top Bottom