Re chrome Headlight..

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

jarance

Founding Member
Anybody know where I can rechrom the E36 Headlight.It is plastic and is slight faded. How much would it cost and how long does it take?Based on my observation, it look like it is sprayed on cos only the front is "chrome" whereas the rear is bare plastic colour.Appreciate the info in advance.. cheer..:wink::rolleyes:

Why don't you DIY it? Just spray chrome paint. You'll be surprised of the outcome. In fact where ever you send it to get done may end up being sprayed as well.

jarance, there is a place in sunway where all the car shops are that does plating/chroming work. its opposite N1 accessories. you may want to try them.

vinode;381217 said:
Why don't you DIY it? Just spray chrome paint. You'll be surprised of the outcome. In fact where ever you send it to get done may end up being sprayed as well.

Have try that.. brought some aeroso paint that says can give "chrome like" finish.
The result was disappointing.. :smokin:

So want to try professional spray or recrome. :rock:

Hellraiser;381222 said:
jarance, there is a place in sunway where all the car shops are that does plating/chroming work. its opposite N1 accessories. you may want to try them.

Thanks bro for the info.. I think they are for metal chroming.. Not sure whether it will work for plastic.
Might call them if got contact number to clarify..

Appreciate it if can give some direction or address.. :rock:

Quote:

Chroming .... Pan Malaysia somewhere deep inside Sg Buluh.
Last month I went, they no longer open for walk in customers .... people like us lah.
Too troublesome/petty for their smooth operation.

The shop where I send the front grill can do the work ... but it will cost you ...
name is Koh Surface Treating & Engineering Tel 03-61565455, call them and ask them to fax you the location map.

What Pan Malaysia don't want to do Koh will do, eg I chrome my steel spare wheel @RM150 and the plastic grill (6pcs) and inner taillight box(2pcs) @ RM600.

Full thread: http://www.bmwclubmalaysia.com/forums/showthread.php?t=18177

Enjoy & Good Luck !

Top Bottom