Ratling sound while driving

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

Simon_T72

Club Guest
Dear Sifus, Its been a month since i got my new car and been driving around (mileage below 1.5k still) mostly to office. I noticed that whenever i turn off the radio, theres a ratling sound under the hood. The harder i press the paddle the, the faster the ratling sound gets (not sure whether its louder). Am not sure whether it came from the aircond fan or turbo line. Any views on this? TQST72

happened to me once. came from one of the bonnet latches, only one was holding the bonnet. the other was stuck and caused that side of the bonnet to be loose and resulted in rattling sound. hope your problem is as simple as mine was.

TQ bro, but are we referring to the same sound...i wonder..does it sound like this.." tik... tik... tik... tik...tik..
mmg kelakar siap tunjuk bunyik..

same here.. celaka punya CKD!! hahaha.. so i gues it can be another common issue we all have..

mizhan;843166 said:
happened to me once. came from one of the bonnet latches, only one was holding the bonnet. the other was stuck and caused that side of the bonnet to be loose and resulted in rattling sound. hope your problem is as simple as mine was.

Simon_T72;843159 said:
Dear Sifus,

Its been a month since i got my new car and been driving around (mileage below 1.5k still) mostly to office. I noticed that whenever i turn off the radio, theres a ratling sound under the hood. The harder i press the paddle the, the faster the ratling sound gets (not sure whether its louder). Am not sure whether it came from the aircond fan or turbo line. Any views on this?

TQ

ST72

Could it be a simple case of the typical sound of the twin turbo ie tip-tappetty sound ? It may be a 'congenital' thing like that - akin to the sound a diesel engine makes.

If unsure - get SA to check. I suspect it could be the turbo line - it turned out kinda louder than i had originally envisioned for my ride (especially in basement car parks when you can really hear the sound quite a bit with the windows down).

All the best !

cheerz

my speedometer area is vibrating when I go over some rough or continuous even road. Bad quality of our F30, mine is CDK by the way.

I have rattling sound from the stereo and Aircond compartment. Irritating and I normally just turn on the stereo to hide the rattling sound. Turbo whistling sound also intrusive when rempit.

splee;844271 said:
I have rattling sound from the stereo and Aircond compartment. Irritating and I normally just turn on the stereo to hide the rattling sound. Turbo whistling sound also intrusive when rempit.

Splee, come swap wit my E90...maybe quiter hehehe :burnout:

rayncc;844286 said:
Splee, come swap wit my E90...maybe quiter hehehe :burnout:

Despite all, I still love my baby so much to let her go. Hahaha

splee;844271 said:

My f30 too having similar sounds from the aircond and radio area. Like two plastic components rubbing each other.Very annoying. Anyway or anyone have fixed this problem ? Can the service centre do something about this sounds ? Bmw sifus out there please advice

dr-s;844476 said:
My f30 too having similar sounds from the aircond and radio area. Like two plastic components rubbing each other.Very annoying. Anyway or anyone have fixed this problem ? Can the service centre do something about this sounds ? Bmw sifus out there please advice

Try pressing the edge of the Aircon and stereo player compartment area and the rattling sound should stop at least it stops on my car. I plan to get my SA to look into this during my next service appointment and hopefully this can be resolved.

mizhan;844227 said:
my door panels rattling oredi :motz:

That's a typical symptom of exercise difficiency syndrome. F30s that get regular weekend morning runs seem immuned to the syndrome.. :eek:

_M_;844663 said:
That's a typical symptom of exercise difficiency syndrome. F30s that get regular weekend morning runs seem immuned to the syndrome.. :eek:

That is because you are not paying attention to the noise...doesn't mean it is not there...hehehe!

JS.. try go to the new Porsche showroom and test drive the Cayman S. Let us know if u can notice any noise..:4:..

splee;844310 said:
Despite all, I still love my baby so much to let her go. Hahaha

Hahaha...I sure understand why you love your baby bro. I tested a F30 328i Msport the other day and fell in love with the car alry. Tekan maximum in Sport mode and upshifts at 7000rpm so intoxicating haha.
The Msport steering so lovely...and the iDrive 'power meter' displaying the Hp and Torque is such a novelty.

Top Bottom