Question..do your E36 have this button/switch? What is it for?

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form
s = for supercharger to work
E - to end the supercharger
the * thinggy is to take a slow drive ...

jeffreyewe;679271 said:
Possibilities of some rewiring done to my friends car, we tested it out today and it indeed deactivated the power windows. Best part was it deactivated the front and rear windows as well...hahaha

Hi jeffreyewe,
Thanks for your info. For my car, when the "safety switch" being pressed, rear window de-activated, rear passenger cannot open the window, but I am still able to wind up or down front & rear window using all the switch at the driver dash.
Am just sharing what the button should do. Info taken from E36 manual "on-line edition for part#01419790377 07/98 BMW-AG". Open for comment..
PWRWINDOW1.jpg

PWRWINDOW2.jpg

That safety switch comes standard for all E36's saloon as it comes wt the centre console. Im still flabbergasted on that secondary switch as per your question in this thread....:)

E36 1992 local model;
- button near the ignition would stop all buttons (at rear door and near gear console)
- button near the gear only stop rear passenger window swith (at rear door)

Lord_E36;682012 said:
E36 1992 local model;
- button near the ignition would stop all buttons (at rear door and near gear console)
- button near the gear only stop rear passenger window swith (at rear door)
Lord,
A very good input..is the button functioning that way in your car? I should try mine when it is coming out from the workshop.
If it doesn't work on mine I believe there is something wrong with the wiring..
Thanks Lord

hey bro
it is the window lock button; s safety measures....so people cant mess with ur windows

Top Bottom