Puspakom Inspection

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

crusher

Club Guest
I need to send my car to Puspakom for inspection before can sell the car. I understand there is more than one place besides Bukit Maluri. I went to this website www.puspakom.com.my It seems Puspakom is a private entity not government? Also there seems to be many branches, can we go to any branch for inspection? Please advise as need to do this next week.

crusher;276839 said:
It seems Puspakom is a private entity not government? Also there seems to be many branches, can we go to any branch for inspection?

Please advise as need to do this next week.

Yeah mate, that's true - it's a private entity and technically, it does not involve the government. I just did an inspection about a month ago to change ownership from my mother's to my name and you can do your inspection at any Puspakom. However, on the advice of the so called 'runner', it's better to do it at the same place as the JPJ that you intend to change ownership.

By the way, do keep in mind that the change of ownership inspection only last for 2 weeks. You'll have to do another inspection, if you sell after the validity period. Also, Puspakom inspection fee for such a service is only RM40. I got cheated by paying 10 times more.

Hope this helps. Regards,

Bix

crusher;276901 said:
How did you get cheated?

One man show who is the 'runner' or 'kutu', as I like to call them who also likes to use the phrase, "No Problem", but in fact he is the one who causes a lot of problems, charged me RM400 for (1) Puspakom Inspection and (2) JPJ change of ownership.

In the beginning, I thought it was a good price but it is actually a rip off because other 'runners' only charge between RM100 - RM150. I still have to pay all the other government fees besides the 'runner's fee.' That's how I feel I got cheated. Plus, it wasn't there and then, it took 4 days to clear everything.

I just thought of sharing this view in case any runner might approach you.

All the best with the sale!

crusher;276839 said:
I need to send my car to Puspakom for inspection before can sell the car.

I understand there is more than one place besides Bukit Maluri. I went to this website www.puspakom.com.my

It seems Puspakom is a private entity not government? Also there seems to be many branches, can we go to any branch for inspection?

Please advise as need to do this next week.

for car inspection, u do not need to go to puspakom. there's another independent company that does the job by sending the inspector to your place instead. This happened when I bought my car early last year, fee was RM50. I forgot the name, but u can check with Ambank.

I thought they had to inspect the undercarriage...how is the guy going to do that if he comes to you?

oh he got his flashlight, stuck his head under the car and definitely check the undercarriage. Also, he stripped the rubber trims at A, B & C pillars to check for signs of kereta sambung. After he was done, I paid him, & he went up to the bank officer and submit his report :top:

is it mandotary to go for inspection...if its a cash sale also must inspect? anyway around this?

Yes its mandatory..to effect the transfer of ownership (cash sale or otherwise) JPJ now requires the inspection report (to confirm the engine & chassis number).
Didnt realise other than puspakom's report was acceptable tho...

Puspakom inspection IS A MUST. If some independant guy can do it, that would actually mean that some real inspection would be done... and we know that's not how this country works. I drove my car into the inspection ramp, removed all the rubber trims myself and some guy came to ask me if I had breakfast. Without touching the car, he signed on the dotted line and I wasted half a working day. Also remember to get the road tax and insurance renewed before you submit documents. I renewed the road tax in a post office and somehow the "system" allowed me to renew the road tax until 1 day after my insurance coverage. The very same "system" did not allow me to renew ownership for the same reason. There goes another half day of work. Thinking back Bix probably got a good deal and saved the hassle for RM400... you'll be surprised how the Kutus get more cooperation and respect from JPJ as opposed to working class citizens like ourselves.

vinode;277213 said:
If some independant guy can do it, that would actually mean that some real inspection would be done... and we know that's not how this country works.

:wink:

I'm thinking of going to the PJS branch, could be less queuing as everyone only seems to know the one in Bukit Maluri.

I did my Puspakom inspection this morning at PJS Puspakom. Arrived about 9 AM and there were about 12 cars lined up at the roadside waiting.

Waited till 9:50 AM. Finished the inspection around 10:30 AM . Downside, I was told to remove the tint on the front windscreen as did not meet the requirements. Damn, it was not easy, after 15 minutes, only managed to peel a small piece at the side only. Finally inspector said ok, never mind.

Cost? RM30 .

My runner told me there's also a Puspakom at Ara Damansara. Can anyone verify this?

crusher;278505 said:
I did my Puspakom inspection this morning at PJS Puspakom. Arrived about 9 AM and there were about 12 cars lined up at the roadside waiting.

Waited till 9:50 AM. Finished the inspection around 10:30 AM . Downside, I was told to remove the tint on the front windscreen as did not meet the requirements. Damn, it was not easy, after 15 minutes, only managed to peel a small piece at the side only. Finally inspector said ok, never mind.

Cost? RM30 .

Wow, the time for waiting and inspection isn't too bad. I expected it to be longer. I guess the Inspector is reasonable, knowing that it takes time and skill to remove the tint. Thanks for sharing this. Perhaps, I'll do it myself in the future.

Cheers...

Bix;278613 said:
Wow, the time for waiting and inspection isn't too bad. I expected it to be longer. I guess the Inspector is reasonable, knowing that it takes time and skill to remove the tint. Thanks for sharing this. Perhaps, I'll do it myself in the future.

Cheers...

you need to be there early otherwise there will be a much longer queue. They open at 8:00 AM and on Saturdays too.

i've just got my e30 for puspakom inspection yesterday at kepong maluri. Checked in bout 9am and got out bout 10am with only RM 30.00 paid. Then for the ownership transfer i go to the insurance company to buy my insurance for new ownership.... then i ask them to give me the necessary documents to fill in for ownership transfer. So i went to Wangsa Maju JPJ to get the transfer ownership done myself. Guess what.... it was easy....

1. buy RM 100.00 wangsa pos for ownership transfer
2. fill in all the document ( buyer & seller)
3. Paid RM 5.00 for commission of oath stamp duty

Then i check in bout 2pm to get number.... transfer done within 1 hour.... by 3pm i hit off to POS office to paid my Road Tax.... :)

Previously i did check with my insurance guy to get all these things done for me but the "runner" said all these only done in bout 1 mth else the fastest or so called "express" can be done in 3 days plus paid another RM100.00 bucks..

So i decided to try get things done by myself... just to proved that it might save me couples of RM XXX.XX Well it did just that u did to take one day leave to run to JPJ & Puspakom. No offence here... by da to paid extra couples of hundred dollars to get express services still need "3 days" i believe is not justify for my personal experience as i do it only in "1 DAY"..... :D

yes bro so many places things like that happen... SSM, puspakom, jpj, etc. If can get paid leave ok la... but some ppl 1 day of their work may cost them RM500++ maa... so that's why cheaper they pay these runners.

I salute you very rajin la... to travel from Tmn Bkt Maluri to Wangsa Maju... :D Any reason why you didn't do the inspection at puspakom W Maju?

those places created a job called "runner" :thefinger: kiss my ass..

i did the inspection & name transfer myself,runner? :smokin: no way...

Nearby

syahruln;285195 said:
yes bro so many places things like that happen... SSM, puspakom, jpj, etc. If can get paid leave ok la... but some ppl 1 day of their work may cost them RM500++ maa... so that's why cheaper they pay these runners.

I salute you very rajin la... to travel from Tmn Bkt Maluri to Wangsa Maju... :D Any reason why you didn't do the inspection at puspakom W Maju?

Aiya.... i stay in Kepong area ma.... can get early bird number :wink: furthermore i heard they said Tmn Bukit Maluri JPJ is more serious in terms of inspections compare to W.Maju. Can anyone verify this ??

Top Bottom