Ps3 Vs Toyo C1s

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

anxious

Club Guest
My E36 325i's Michelin PP2 205/55/16 has done 40k km and may soon need to be replaced. Thinking of doing it before tyre prices go up again.Dropped my tyre shop and enquired about Michelin PS3 but the owner recommended Toyo tyres instead.I said I'll do some research. My readings reveal that Toyo C1 is the PS3's equivalent in price..both about RM450pp.Which tyre would you guys recommend. TQ.

Try the Toyo T1R instead, I'm using it right now after using ContiSC3. It's 30% cheaper than ContiSC3 and does not really feel the difference. Good grip in wet and dry and not noisy at all. I'm on 225/40/18 (RM685 each) by the way and T1R cost is about 15% more than C1S

I am using Toyo T1R as well, running 235/35/19 on front and 255/30/19 on rears, using BMW Performance 19" Rims. All four tyres lasted me about 28,000km from 1st day i took the car. I just changed another new set last week. Performance on the dry is exceptional. On wet, will definately hydroplane if you are doing more than 160 km/h over water patches. For me in the wet, i'd rather drive not more than 110 km/h as i've had my fair share of shit & spills. Its very quiet on the road, and I am driving a E90 325i, not exactly a lightweight car! Price-wise Toyo T1R definately 20-30% cheaper than Michelin PS2. Many members or forumers hv tried PS3 and they seem to prefer PS2. And of course you can't compare Pilot Sport 2 or Toyo T1R with PP (Pilot Preceda). PP is one lower rung below both PS2 and Toyo T1R. For me, tyres are an incurring cost item, they need to be replaced every 1.5 to 2 yrs, so i will use a good performance tyre but I will not need to put the best.

Cheers.

Done about 45000km now. Tyres still can go on anor 5000km I think. PS3 is now b/w RM485-RM500. May be able to get it for RM480.

Anyone got it cheaper lately?

gilajazz;592100 said:
I am using Toyo T1R as well, running 235/35/19 on front and 255/30/19 on rears, using BMW Performance 19" Rims. All four tyres lasted me about 28,000km from 1st day i took the car. I just changed another new set last week. Performance on the dry is exceptional. On wet, will definately hydroplane if you are doing more than 160 km/h over water patches. For me in the wet, i'd rather drive not more than 110 km/h as i've had my fair share of shit & spills. Its very quiet on the road, and I am driving a E90 325i, not exactly a lightweight car! Price-wise Toyo T1R definately 20-30% cheaper than Michelin PS2. Many members or forumers hv tried PS3 and they seem to prefer PS2. And of course you can't compare Pilot Sport 2 or Toyo T1R with PP (Pilot Preceda). PP is one lower rung below both PS2 and Toyo T1R. For me, tyres are an incurring cost item, they need to be replaced every 1.5 to 2 yrs, so i will use a good performance tyre but I will not need to put the best.

Cheers.

How much those toyo
tires cost u for the sizes?

Top Bottom