Problem with microfilter air channel

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

bmw7833

Club Guest
For e39 owners, do u facing the same problem with me which the microfilter air channel do not attach properly to the body? The sponge on circle part seems retired and failed to cover the channel. This cause the foul smell come into cabin from time to time.Any idea?
ODk3M19w.png

This is a common problem with e39 as this parts get brittle over time due to heat plus if mechanic is not careful, it breaks easily. I managed to buy a this part from a chop shop. For remedial action without changing this part, you can use cable ties to secure it.

I think cable tie only able to tie up the air channel with the housing (the arrow show) but not the air channel with the car body (the circle part).

ODk3M19w1.png

Errmm..will try to ask my mechanic to see whether cable tie can help. Thanks Herbert.

Was told we can not change the air channel alone, we have to change together with the housing AND NOT CHEAP!

Yes, BA only sell complete new housing about RM1,500. You can buy only the air channel from chop shop.

herbert;581435 said:
Yes, BA only sell complete new housing about RM1,500. You can buy only the air channel from chop shop.

How much u bought from chop shop?

i have the complete housing and going for RM200... interested PM me...

my no 012-2553340. anyway, i hv many e39 parts to let go... pm me or call me if u need any

if u dont mind, buy some soundproofing material and seal round...i did that previously and works wonders! i stick inside and outside...

Top Bottom