Problem AFTER Spray Painting ? ? ?

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

BeemerSTER

Club Guest
Hi Guys, Just wanna get some input about UDMs going into spray paint shops, only to return with problems(non-colour related). I've personally experienced before with my E39. So has a few other accquintances. Just last week, a friend of mine just took his Mini Cooper S from the spray paint shop and the car suffered a dead alternator and power steering pump the same day!!!:mad: That's a good RM6k to repair and mind you the car has only 30k km. FYI, it is an AB car and 2 year plus old. That plainly worries. Have anyone here experienced or heard of similar cases?:(

BeemerSTER;218649 said:
Hi Guys,

Just wanna get some input about UDMs going into spray paint shops, only to return with problems(non-colour related).

I've personally experienced before with my E39. So has a few other accquintances. Just last week, a friend of mine just took his Mini Cooper S from the spray paint shop and the car suffered a dead alternator and power steering pump the same day!!!:mad:

That's a good RM6k to repair and mind you the car has only 30k km. FYI, it is an AB car and 2 year plus old.

That plainly worries. Have anyone here experienced or heard of similar cases?:(

THANK GOD, NO!,mate. They never did with my rides [past n' present]. 6K,you say. now thats serious SCREWUPZ, buddy. Well the worst i've experienced 'once', the boyz at the paint shop- losing VALUABLE attachments then gluing staff that AIN'T suppose2, breaking PLASTIC stuff etc.
but no MESSING up electrical stuff maybe dead batteries but not like this.......

yeh dude, this is worrying....thinking of respraying my ride later this year but still looking for a good spray shop....any good suggestions? Definitely not going to spray the engine bay...too risky....

bro sanjay nv,

well least now i know someone who never had a problem in the past and presently!!! :)

bro rexmail,

yeah scary indeed!good thinking not to spray the engine bay....i suggested to the spray painter (Excel Auto @ Sunway) but he thinks im kiamsiap :(
But his work is very impressive. You may ask around about him. He's located next to Motorsports Division. He does cost more though . . .

mates,
since u say sunway............i send my gals to ahpeng [dunno the shop name] his opposite the medan makan, now this dude's freekin good,buddies[mahal abit] go checkout the babes he spray.....cool, after him,i never had problemZ.

that's right what bro sanjay nv has said....went there too...seems he charges a bit more but work seems good and knows what he's talking about....

bro BeemerSTER....not kiamsiap lor....but SMART

yeap,that's the man's shop. will be sending my m3 kit and gal this friday for fixin and sprayin. will try2 post some shotz,after,mates.

I am sending mine to Ultra Tune in Glenmarie. I have already took out the engine and gearbox so that they can do a good job in the engine bay. Quality wise I am not sure but from the look at it they seem to be very professional. I am using PPG system. Hope it comes out good.

Top Bottom