Practical?LHD M42 manual to RHD M50 auto?

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

Club Guest
Hi all,wondering issit possible to plonk in manual set of M42 4 door LHD into my M50TUB20 4 door RHD?all parts are completed except rear diffrential... 1. manual gearbox mounting & bracket can fit my M50? 2. wat's the gear ratio of the M42 manual rear diff? 3. auto to manual conversion cost? 4. can use back my M50 drive shaft? 5. all interior parts can fit my RHD interior? thanks in advance for ur replies & advices!!!

Why are you downgrading ?

I am looking for M42 engine because mine is a M10 engine.

M42 and M10 both are 4 cylinders engine with timing chain, the reason for my consideration.

Sorry did not answer your questions ... I don't know the answer. Other sifus might be able to help you.

Dear 5115,

first thing, tot you are going for M50B20TU ?

sudden change of heart ?

the answers to your Q.

1. manual gearbox mounting & bracket can fit my M50?
- yes, longshaft, diff, plus peddle, can be used back.

2. wat's the gear ratio of the M42 manual rear diff?
- 3.45 i reckon

3. auto to manual conversion cost?
- ask your mechanic, maybe 1.5k without oil change

4. can use back my M50 drive shaft?
- no, can't, different length.

5. all interior parts can fit my RHD interior?
- no, except meter, some buttons.. AC unit cannot, center console can't, wiring can't, steering column & signal stalk cannot..

so hopefully it help's you.

regards.

>>> Maxkpp... my friend has a complete M42 engine for sale, very cheap.. complete halfcar without transmission and steering rack. RM3.2K right hand drive.

sorry for the misunderstanding guys...

yeah bro pussy,im convert from M40 auto to M50B20TU auto & now found a manual M42 but RHD...

could i maintain M50 but convert from auto to manual by using this M42 LHD manual gearbox,long shaft & interior parts like pedals & gear shifter?

read the above post of mine, YES, you can convert it..so go ahead, but u will need a 3.15 ratio diff for it, cos the m42 ratio is 3.45...

regards.

Top Bottom