Please come in...Advice needed!!!

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

GeniusBanana

Club Guest
hi guys...here am i creating a new thread...and yet...i would like to seek for advices on my recent ride--E28 525e M20B27...here's the story.. i've been driving it for a few months since March and this car has yet failed for at least 5 times on me...and so the engine has already gone out of condition and needed to be overhauled...before i do this,i'd like to seek for advices on the engine...a overhaul will cost me around 2~3k estimated by a workshop where i do my car...so i'm expecting that i can also change some parts to "enhance" my engine to get more power...it's currently running with a 320 head as i just fried my head and gasket around october...so any guru out there have any guide for a BMW newbie to enhance my power with the minimum "damage"???thanks...and hopefully everyone out there will throw in their 2 cents or even more...thanks and have a nice day...

GeniusBanana;267681 said:
hi guys...here am i creating a new thread...and yet...i would like to seek for advices on my recent ride--E28 525e M20B27...

here's the story..
i've been driving it for a few months since March and this car has yet failed for at least 5 times on me...and so the engine has already gone out of condition and needed to be overhauled...before i do this,i'd like to seek for advices on the engine...a overhaul will cost me around 2~3k estimated by a workshop where i do my car...so i'm expecting that i can also change some parts to "enhance" my engine to get more power...it's currently running with a 320 head as i just fried my head and gasket around october...so any guru out there have any guide for a BMW newbie to enhance my power with the minimum "damage"???

thanks...and hopefully everyone out there will throw in their 2 cents or even more...thanks and have a nice day...

change engine to m20b25 also nice
:p

i was adviced to change engine to save cost...but it's kinda reluctant to let go my eta engine...it's special..xD

engine

GeniusBanana;267683 said:
i was adviced to change engine to save cost...but it's kinda reluctant to let go my eta engine...it's special..xD

:burnout: You can also get the eta engine mate for replacement? It will cost around 1800 - 2000 for the eta engine.

KURNIA Regional Insurance Clinic (8th Dec 2007)

Dear all Members & Forumers

Kurnia Insurans has proposed to organise an Insurance Clinic to help us all understand our motor policy better. This is so that we are better equipped with the knowledge and would know better about our rights as policy holders. Especially so if you have the misfortune of having an accident and involves compensation from your respective insurance providers.

Following are the details of the clinic

Date: 8/12/2007 (Saturday)
Venue: 9th Floor, Training Room,
Menara Kurnia, Bandar Sunway
Time: 4.00pm onwards

Supported by: KIMB Wilayah Branch

Reception of members arrival

Welcoming speech by
  • Mr Chow, GM Marketing
  • Mr Jeffrey Ewe, Club Vice President
Motor clinic agenda:

a)Definition of comprehensive motor insurance

b)Motor Insurance extra benefits extension
·Windscreen coverage
·Special Peril coverage
·Driver & Passengers’ PA

c)Motor Claim Procedure
·Provide basic guideline/ Workflow of Theft & Own Damage claim
·Introductory of panel workshop
·Role of adjuster
·Kurnia Express

d)KAA Assist

·Role and assistance provided
·Perks and benefit

e)Q & A session

f)Refreshment serving

To register go here: http://www.bmwclubmalaysia.com/forums/showthread.php?t=15514

any idea where can i get a decent eta engine???how much does a overhaul cost...i mean those typical ones...is it better to replace the engine than overhaul???anyone???hope to see new comments...thanks...

GB..i think you are quite confused what is the next step go.. dun waste money..

my advise, first thing.

1. your engine drinking oil ?
2. engine overheating ?
3. water consuming ?

if the above 1 ,2 &3 is on, then a full overhaul is needed..
if item 1 only, then either head job, valve seals or the piston rings..
it item 2, then overhaul the head again, cos head gasket is gone...
if item 3, could be the head gasket or the hoses..

if i were you, i would overhaul the current engine, cos it's a 2.7 crank..(everyone want's this crank for better power), find a 2.5 head, manifold and trottle body.

fix it all up, then you will enjoy the power and torque..

costs ? block overhaul is about 1.5k with parts, head is about 1.8k with parts, manifold and trottle can be purchased second hand..with the head also..

either than that, you should spend some money your cooling..

cheers..

GeniusBanana;269092 said:
any idea where can i get a decent eta engine???how much does a overhaul cost...i mean those typical ones...is it better to replace the engine than overhaul???anyone???hope to see new comments...thanks...

GB...

what's make you think that the ETA engine you buy is good condition ? be advised, this engines are about 20 years old, and properly need a overhaul..

so overhaul your current engine..

right...to update with u guys...the overheating problems are solved now and my car is doing quite good...currently i'm going to undergo some spray before i do up the engine...and since i've also been doing some "research" about what i should do,i guess i'll be sticked with this engine and get the overhaul done...btw if the price in malacca is expensive i'll have to go kl to do that...any suggestion???

p/s: pussy,i still got no idea what head is that...how to see a???

gb,listen to what pussy said.ask him to teach u more,always kacau him but not working hour lah...

chili e30;269387 said:
gb,listen to what pussy said.ask him to teach u more,always kacau him but not working hour lah...

waa.. like this must have kelas kaji and automotif...

buy me a drink and introduce your girlfriends to me.... and i'll tell you everything you want to know...

also, for my friend chili e30 and nevets...so total 3 gals..

psst.. make sure all above 18+

buying drinks for u guys are not a problem for me...but as a good boy like me i shouldn't be having any girlfriends thus i'll introduce some "shemales" if u guys want...xD...furthermore cannot betray mrs pussy ma... :deal:

Top Bottom