Please Advice, Any Addictives Recommended During Service?

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

PCW

Club Guest
Dear All Sifus and Taikos,I would like to wish all those celebrating CNY a very prosperous and happy CNY, and for those who don`t celebrate CNY and very happy holiday. Please drive safe during this festive season.My E36, 328i my car mileage is 168,000km is due for service in about 3 weeks time, and this time I have decided to try our Mobil 1, Fully Syn ENgine oil with 5W50, I would like to know is there anything in particular I need to do or use before or during oil change to ensure better protection of the engine.eg: any particular oil flush, or addictives that would netter protect my car.Many thanks in advance.

I don't know about the rest, but I use Ravenol semi-syn engine oil with Lucas oil stabilizer. And I do engine oil flush every 3rd service (can't remember the brand my mech use).

Not for my engine oil. But I do like to pour a bottle of fuel injector cleaner into my fuel tank and empty the tank during balik kampung drive. Don't like the additive to sit in my tank for too long.

PCW, if you have been changing the engine oil regularly there isnt any need for engine flushing or addictives.

If by any chance you get to open the valve cover, take a look at it. If there is plenty of sludge then flush the engine.

The key here is always changing the oil regularly, as the oil gets contaminated with dirt and combustion by products like sulfuric acid.

Happy New Year :)

Dear All Tai Kos and Sifus,

Thanks alot for all the advices given above. Really appreciate it.

Also read, a flush is required if you are going from Mineral to Syn-Oil

PCW;603183 said:
Dear All Sifus and Taikos,

I would like to wish all those celebrating CNY a very prosperous and happy CNY, and for those who don`t celebrate CNY and very happy holiday. Please drive safe during this festive season.

My E36, 328i my car mileage is 168,000km is due for service in about 3 weeks time, and this time I have decided to try our Mobil 1, Fully Syn ENgine oil with 5W50, I would like to know is there anything in particular I need to do or use before or during oil change to ensure better protection of the engine.
eg: any particular oil flush, or addictives that would netter protect my car.

Many thanks in advance.

best way to flush all the sludge etc etc ...buy an al-chepo brand engine oil ..nasa , penzzoil the ones that not so popular , drain off your current oil , and then put on the al-chepo engine oil , give it a hard drive for 2~3 days , drain it out , and keep on doing so till you see the engine oil that's being drained out is keeping it's gold colour ..and then only use your fully syn ..

Top Bottom