Plan in 2011 for technical/car related sessions

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

ssmann

Club Guest
Dear friends,I have taken the liberty to consider some plans for 2011 in order for all of us to further educate ourselves in 2 areas, namely suspension systems and fuel/engine oils.1. Visit to Titan Suspension, Pandan IndahI have spoken to Richard (owner of Titan Suspension) to have a tour of his facility and show us how a suspension system is built from scratch. They are located in Pandan Indah. I am proposing sometime after CNY when the dust has settled a little and likely will be on a Sat am. You can find out more about Titan from this link http://www.titanshocks.com/. I personally use Titan shocks and have spent lots of time at their facility. I think it is an eye opening experience to actually see how a shock is built from scratch and also ask the relevant questions to Richard who has tremendous experience in shock building and applications on and off track.Pls indicate your interest here1. Ssmann2. Fuel/engine oil talk by an invited guestI am trying to source for a Petroleum Engineer from Shell who will give us a talk on fuel related technology, give a technical analysis around RON, provide technical analysis around automotive lubes e.g. engine oil. This one is a little tricky as there maybe conflict of interest issues/anti competition, but my aim is to try to coax Shell to give the talk. If all fails, am sure Castrol will be more than willing to do so given their affiliation with the brand, BMW. I will approach them, should Shell be unwilling to provide the talk.I'd like to gauge interest for this talk before proceeding, which can be planned for Apr/May this year at a venue to be confirmed.Pls indicate your interest here1. SsmannMajulah BMWCM!!!

Dear friends,

I have taken the liberty to consider some plans for 2011 in order for all of us to further educate ourselves in 2 areas, namely suspension systems and fuel/engine oils.

1. Visit to Titan Suspension, Pandan Indah

I have spoken to Richard (owner of Titan Suspension) to have a tour of his facility and show us how a suspension system is built from scratch. They are located in Pandan Indah. I am proposing sometime after CNY when the dust has settled a little and likely will be on a Sat am. You can find out more about Titan from this link http://www.titanshocks.com/. I personally use Titan shocks and have spent lots of time at their facility. I think it is an eye opening experience to actually see how a shock is built from scratch and also ask the relevant questions to Richard who has tremendous experience in shock building and applications on and off track.

Pls indicate your interest here

1. Ssmann
2. B33mer

2. Fuel/engine oil talk by an invited guest

I am trying to source for a Petroleum Engineer from Shell who will give us a talk on fuel related technology, give a technical analysis around RON, provide technical analysis around automotive lubes e.g. engine oil.

This one is a little tricky as there maybe conflict of interest issues/anti competition, but my aim is to try to coax Shell to give the talk. If all fails, am sure Castrol will be more than willing to do so given their affiliation with the brand, BMW. I will approach them, should Shell be unwilling to provide the talk.

I'd like to gauge interest for this talk before proceeding, which can be planned for Apr/May this year at a venue to be confirmed.

1. Ssmann

Majulah BMWCM!!!

Dear friends,

I have taken the liberty to consider some plans for 2011 in order for all of us to further educate ourselves in 2 areas, namely suspension systems and fuel/engine oils.

I have spoken to Richard (owner of Titan Suspension) to have a tour of his facility and show us how a suspension system is built from scratch. They are located in Pandan Indah. I am proposing sometime after CNY when the dust has settled a little and likely will be on a Sat am. You can find out more about Titan from this link http://www.titanshocks.com/. I personally use Titan shocks and have spent lots of time at their facility. I think it is an eye opening experience to actually see how a shock is built from scratch and also ask the relevant questions to Richard who has tremendous experience in shock building and applications on and off track.

1. Ssmann

I am trying to source for a Petroleum Engineer from Shell who will give us a talk on fuel related technology, give a technical analysis around RON, provide technical analysis around automotive lubes e.g. engine oil.

This one is a little tricky as there maybe conflict of interest issues/anti competition, but my aim is to try to coax Shell to give the talk. If all fails, am sure Castrol will be more than willing to do so given their affiliation with the brand, BMW. I will approach them, should Shell be unwilling to provide the talk.

I'd like to gauge interest for this talk before proceeding, which can be planned for Apr/May this year at a venue to be confirmed.

1. Ssmann
2. BlackCat

Majulah BMWCM!!!

Great stuff!!! Keep it up...

Dear friends,

1. Ssmann
2. mizhan

1. Ssmann
2. BlackCat
3. mizhan

Majulah BMWCM!!!

Dear friends,

1. Ssmann
2. B33mer
3. mizhan
4. jarance

1. Ssmann
2. BlackCat
3. mizhan
4. jarance

Majulah BMWCM!!!

Dear friends,

1. Ssmann
2. B33mer
3. mizhan
4. jarance
5. ICEMAN 13

1. Ssmann
2. BlackCat
3. mizhan
4. jarance
5. ICEMAN 13

Majulah BMWCM!!!

Dear friends,

1. Ssmann
2. B33mer
3. mizhan
4. jarance
5. ICEMAN 13
6. bmw7833

1. Ssmann
2. BlackCat
3. mizhan
4. jarance
5. ICEMAN 13

Majulah BMWCM!!!

2011 BCM technical/car related sessions

1. Ssmann
2. B33mer
3. mizhan
4. jarance
5. ICEMAN 13
6. bmw7833
7. MK (munk3ong)

1. Ssmann
2. BlackCat
3. mizhan
4. jarance
5. ICEMAN 13

munk3ong;594903 said:
1. Ssmann
2. B33mer
3. mizhan
4. jarance
5. ICEMAN 13
6. bmw7833
7. MK (munk3ong)
8. Thomas Tan

1. Ssmann
2. BlackCat
3. mizhan
4. jarance
5. ICEMAN 13

1. Ssmann
2. B33mer
3. mizhan
4. jarance
5. ICEMAN 13
6. bmw7833
7. MK (munk3ong)
8. Thomas Tan
9. pardypeople

1. Ssmann
2. BlackCat
3. mizhan
4. jarance
5. ICEMAN 13

I always have a question for the oil people but never get an answer.

Fully Synthetic oil in Malaysia is Group III or Group IV? Shell? Castrol? and of course the term LongLife for BMW cars.

ssmann, thanks for the initiatives. It certainly value add to the club!

For the oil talk, if can be arranged, maybe can put it together with the coming AGM [tentaive 2nd Saturday of March]. ALBundy's administration has done it once before by Castrol, no harm doing it again. Not to worry about conflict as not all SC uses the same oil, so no consistency there. Afterall these are just for knowledge and has nothing to do with brand preference. It has been difficult to get through to Castrol's marketing dept as numerous attempt by the current committee to set up for meeting and seek sponsorship were all in vain.

AB, let me try with Shell. Conflict of interest is on Shell's part as BMW is affliated to some extent with Castrol (BP). So there are sensitivities. Also, when you talk about long life etc, these are concepts unique to BMW or its contracted manufacturer and is likely a question that cannot be answered by someone from Shell or Castrol for that matter.

As I said, this is a tricky event, but I will do my best to get Shell or Castrol to be present with the relevant technical folk.

BTW, Castrol very smart to take our money and seek affliation with BMW as recommended fuel, but dont want to give talk??? Heheheheh....nevermind, let me find out who the Marketting Manager and Technical Manager for the brand in Malaysia is and I will tiao sikit.....hehehehehehe...

Never try, never no

1. Ssmann
2. B33mer
3. mizhan
4. jarance
5. ICEMAN 13
6. bmw7833
7. MK (munk3ong)
8. Thomas Tan
9. pardypeople

1. Ssmann
2. BlackCat
3. mizhan
4. jarance
5. ICEMAN 13
6. B'robe
8.​

ssmann;595058 said:
AB, let me try with Shell. Conflict of interest is on Shell's part as BMW is affliated to some extent with Castrol (BP). So there are sensitivities. Also, when you talk about long life etc, these are concepts unique to BMW or its contracted manufacturer and is likely a question that cannot be answered by someone from Shell or Castrol for that matter.

As I said, this is a tricky event, but I will do my best to get Shell or Castrol to be present with the relevant technical folk.

BTW, Castrol very smart to take our money and seek affliation with BMW as recommended fuel, but dont want to give talk??? Heheheheh....nevermind, let me find out who the Marketting Manager and Technical Manager for the brand in Malaysia is and I will tiao sikit.....hehehehehehe...

Never try, never no

Actually Castrol's Technical Manager is available for an oil talk, just give him a week's notice but this month he will be busy. He has agreed to even hold an oil discussion cum Teh Tarik session and anyone could ask him any questions pertaining to oil. But bro, if you could get Shell or Petronas, it will be good too more so for those that have attended the Castrol oil forum previously.

astroboy;595040 said:
I always have a question for the oil people but never get an answer.

Fully Synthetic oil in Malaysia is Group III or Group IV? Shell? Castrol? and of course the term LongLife for BMW cars.

ssmann, thanks for the initiatives. It certainly value add to the club!

For the oil talk, if can be arranged, maybe can put it together with the coming AGM [tentaive 2nd Saturday of March]. ALBundy's administration has done it once before by Castrol, no harm doing it again. Not to worry about conflict as not all SC uses the same oil, so no consistency there. Afterall these are just for knowledge and has nothing to do with brand preference. It has been difficult to get through to Castrol's marketing dept as numerous attempt by the current committee to set up for meeting and seek sponsorship were all in vain.

Whether its group 3 or 4 depends entirely on the manufacturer. Castrol was once sued by Mobil when it claimed its oil was fully synthetic when its actually group 3 based oil, Castrol won the case and now all group 3 & 4 oils are termed as fully synthetic. Anyway, in my private discussion with En. Shukor, he has emailed me some data on the Edge Sport (10-60W), Edge Sport (0-40W) and TWS (10-60W). The Edge Sport 0-40W and TWS are both group 4 oil while the Edge Sport 10-60W is group 3. Love the Edge Sport 0-40W, it has a newer formulation than the TWS (this oil is very old from silver bottle to gold bottle) and on the track the oil running temp is noticeably lower.

Cheers

1. Ssmann
2. B33mer
3. mizhan
4. jarance
5. ICEMAN 13
6. bmw7833
7. MK (munk3ong)
8. Thomas Tan
9. pardypeople

1. Ssmann
2. BlackCat
3. mizhan
4. jarance
5. ICEMAN 13
6. B'robe
7. Don Franco

mizhan;595054 said:
AB, you sure the AGM won't take up the entire day ah..?

Just the normal secretarial brief on the status of Constitution updates and presentation of audited financial a/c only ma. Unless there are other motions we are not informed of.. :p

Last year was long because all take turns to nominate each other ma.. :)

ssmann;595058 said:
..As I said, this is a tricky event, but I will do my best to get Shell or Castrol to be present with the relevant technical folk..

Aiyaa.. despite having Castrol brand emboss on our oil cap, some SC still uses Petronas ma, some Shell and if not wrong, never Castrol.. :p

Whatever it is, whoever come for the talk, make sure he/she knows his/her subject matter. The last time when we had En. Shukor, answers to our questions were never direct.. like a stroll in the park.. more so when topic of LL is touched, they dun even have retail pack that comes with that 'certification'.. :(

1. Ssmann
2. B33mer
3. mizhan
4. jarance
5. ICEMAN 13
6. bmw7833
7. MK (munk3ong)
8. Thomas Tan
9. pardypeople
10. Johnj