Perdana V6 but BMW wannabe

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

anaksarawak

Official Member
l_276_Perdana_V6_1.jpg
l_277_Perdana_V6_2.jpg
l_278_Perdana_V6_3.jpg
A Wilder Perdana V6 The Perdana V6 was a revelation when it was launched some years ago. It offers never before seen luxury motoring for ordinary Malaysians. And today it still does. This year it marches on, in something of a swansong, in it's current guise, the 'Enhanced' V6.Proton had gone a long way since days with Mitsubishi, and having acquired Lotus the company sought to revamp it's entire range. While the emphasis had been on ride & handling, design is one area that they quietly knew was just as significant, because a large number of Malaysians still buy cars with their eye.The Eterna-based car has had a makeover recently, and while the ride & handling is sorted - as expected - opinions are divided on the facelift. It is obvious that someone in Proton has a penchant for Alfas because the V6 bears a close resemblance to the 156. One has to only point to the crest radiator grille to realise that the way it cuts into the bumper mimics the 156's nose. Walk around the car and you will continue to find cues of Alfa everywhere, and soon the word 'originality' is thrown out the window for good.This is not to say that it isn't attractive, because the V6 is pleasant and handsome in many ways. The car that it was based on is at least 6 years old and yet Proton's interpretation of what it should be is spot on. But what if the V6's designer liked BMWs instead of Alfa? Well, this is how it would've looked.The designer of this burgundy V6 is fond of Bimmers and so he thought it should be a good idea to clothe the V6 with some BMW-ness to it.First, it is sprayed with an M6 burgundy paint, to amplify the effect of body kit additions later on. Being a bulbous car, the wheel arches needed to follow the same theme. And so, an M3-like bulge is now incorporated into the car's wheel arches making the car instantly aggressive and muscular. Of course, to complete the pseudo-M3 look, the car has the same side vents on the wings and perforated vents on the bonnet.The bonnet itself is shaped to offer a 'power bulge' much like that on the new 7-series. The front and rear tracks is widened to accommodate the width, using spacers. The front 'Alfa' grille is replaced with a bespoke design, as the bumper, which features square fog lamps.The rear is particularly impressive. If you've seen the new M5, you'll realise that this V6 has the same dual tailpipe arrangement at the rear, which juts out a venturi-like opening in the bumper.Chrome alloys and electrically retracting wing mirrors top it all off, giving the Promote V6 a dramatic effect, even when standing still. It is by far the best 'dress-up' kit yet, if you are bored with your Alfa-resque V6.

nice but ... hmmm... what is the right word for it....
oklah...let's just applaud the enthusiasm and effort in upgrading this car.

planta

That's an obvious BMW side mirror for sure.. :D Some more got fender grill!! :eek:

Wide body was nicely done. I wonder what front bumper is that. Very nice. :top:

I found this infor and pictures from the net... It would be nicer if it is fitted with M5 18" rims

Nice touch....for a RM 40k perdana can make till like that...not bad not bad...

If i got extra moolah...i think i will PIMP 1 of this ride too....hehehe

if i'm not mistken this is one of promote bodykit. They are famousr in producing great bodykit for protons(after market)

Top Bottom