Peculiar Light Problem

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

Drer

Club Guest
My 5 months old F10 528i recently has this peculiar light-system problem:- failure of right headlight- failure of right tail light- failure of right and left signal light- failure of right day time driving lightAnd all the failures were indicated on the control panel with warning sounds repeatedly, which is quite annoying! Besides the safety issue, driving the one-eyed F10 can be very embarassing All these happened a month ago, while I was driving on the highway, the very moment I switched on the fog light. The peculiar part is that the problem resolved by itself after 1 hour.The similar problem recurred this week, but resolved again spontaneously after a few days, just before I wanted to send it to a workshop this morning. So current I'm just observing, hopefully it won't recur again (which I doubt so). :63: To me it seems to be some circuit/fuse/control problem or loosening of contact points. There's no obvious relationship with regards to exposure to rain/car wash. Contacted my dealer n mechanic, but still have no idea of what the problem is.Just curious if anyone else experienced the similar problem? Can dear Sifus enlighten me?

No problems on my car but would advise you to get it sorted while it is under warranty.

Tq br ck318ci, I will sort it out as soon as it happens again!

Wiring connecting to light control module loose? not connected properly?

this is a problem caused by the headlight control module on the headlight itself and based on ur symptom, i think its the right module that is giving the problem, most probably water damage or contact problem with the headlight.. send it back to ur dealer to have it checked asap, :)

Thanks, br morrogan and malcolmc for the feedback. I believe, as mentioned by you all, is control module problem, ie loose contact etc. Shall get my ride serviced if the symptoms reappear (of course within the warranty period) only then I can objectively see/know if the problem is rectified.

np man.. btw u dun need to wait for the symptoms to reappear before sending it in to ur dealer, this kinda fault will be registered inside the control unit and a quick scan using diagnosis will be able to show what's wrong with the module.. BMW POWARR!

Praise the Lord, the problem
View attachment 20879
is completely solved today after the technical team disconnected the battery and redid all the settings. Seong Hoe's technical department has been very helpful.

I was told this is the first ever puzzling incident of F10 reported so far when BMW Malaysia was notified. Just wonder how true it is/how lucky I am ....

Top Bottom