Passenger Seat Occupancy Matt

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

Rick1

Hi All. I had a warning that came up on the Idrive that said restraint system fault.................... I took the car to a service centre who reset the alarm and cleard it. They told me that it is caused by the passenger seat occupancy matt. The fault has returnd now. Has anyone else had this and have they replaced the matt?? If so can you reccomend a place and give me an idea of cost?

Thanks for your help

Rick1 said:
Hi All. I had a warning that came up on the Idrive that said restraint system fault.................... I took the car to a service centre who reset the alarm and cleard it. They told me that it is caused by the passenger seat occupancy matt. The fault has returnd now. Has anyone else had this and have they replaced the matt?? If so can you reccomend a place and give me an idea of cost?

Thanks for your help
Bro Rick1,
Greeting's Good Day.
Recently, my air bag warning lit and my BMW mechanic told me it's caused by the safety belt tensional faulty, repair cost is around RM450.
I bought a "seat occupancy mat emulator by-pass switch" from ebay and DIY easily by myself under the front passenger seat, then erase off the error code and air bag warning light never lit up any more.
Please search ebay for "BMW seat occupancy Mat Emulator By-pass" for usage, how to replace and pricing details.

Hi Fongmy,

Many thanks for your help with this, I will have a look on ebay to see if I can get one. I guess it fools the system into thinking that the seat is being sat on at all times and that the airbags, seatbelts will operate correctly.

Thanks again

Rick1 said:
Hi Fongmy,

Many thanks for your help with this, I will have a look on ebay to see if I can get one. I guess it fools the system into thinking that the seat is being sat on at all times and that the airbags, seatbelts will operate correctly.

Thanks again
Yes, this seat occupancy sensor located under front passenger seat towards the rear seat side, you push the front seat to extreme forward position, then you bend your head to peep under inside to look for a black colour square shape electronic component, pull out the sensor single connecting plug and plug in the ebay new "seat occupancy Mat Emulator By-pass" component into it to allow circuit route passes through, and it works well with front passenger air bag activation upon frontage collission impact.
Notify me if you need my help to purchase or installation, I am residing in JB Skudai, very often use to drive north for work errands too.
Regards.

Just an update on this. I brought a seat occupancy Mat Emulator By-pass and installed it, the only problem is that the car then kept giving the passenger fasten seat belt alarm until I clipped in the passenger seat belt buckle.
After having this situation for a few months I bit the bullet and took my car to M-Zone in Kota Damansara, they fitted a new occupancy matt. So far so good, everything working as it should do. Fingers crossed that it will continue to do so.

If anyone wants my old seat occupancy Mat Emulator By-pass unit please PM me.

Top Bottom