Passanger side floor leak

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

nathan

Club Guest
Hi Guys, Need ur feedback:- My car is a e46 year 2000, just a few days back realised when i wash the car, the front passager side floor is slightly wet, water is seam to be leaking in from somewhere, First time i encounted this problem, would much appreciate if you guys have any recommendation as to the reasons or better still ur familar machanic that i can go to, Thanks in advance

i'm no sifu for an e46 ..maybe you door rubber have a crack or perhaps torn..try checking it first ...

Having the same problem but not at carwash! Only after heavy downpour! But leak don seem to e from door side - carpet at door side is dry! Seems more like from footwell, somewhere!

Perhaps the leak is from your air-cond. Trace if it leads towards the middle.

Hi Guys,

Mine is wet neer he door side.

I think iceman might be right noted yeaterday that after car wash saw neer the door abit wet.......not the carpet.....guess must be water sipping in........

shall test it further then replace the rubber maybe...

Happened to my E46. The culprit was the plastic cover inside the door trim which is held by the black gooey stuff - water gets past the gooey stuff and hence the leak. M1 Kayu Ara stuffed more of that gooey stuff in the offending area and the problem has been solved, all for the princely sum of RM55.00. They told me it's a common problem.

mine also rear left side floor wet, after u remove the carpet and you press your palm on the floor u can feel its damp. any idea?

I had the same problem with mine when my car was delivered to me. Went to AB a few times and after like the 3rd time or so they figured out the problem and finally solved it.

I also sent to Stuttgart in my frustration and they put a lot of tape/gooey stuff to seal the plastic, but problem didnt go away. The problem is with a drainage issue from what AB said.

Its a common problem for CKD E46s.

E46Fanatic said:
I had the same problem with mine when my car was delivered to me. Went to AB a few times and after like the 3rd time or so they figured out the problem and finally solved it.

I also sent to Stuttgart in my frustration and they put a lot of tape/gooey stuff to seal the plastic, but problem didnt go away. The problem is with a drainage issue from what AB said.

Its a common problem for CKD E46s.

Mine happened after five and a half years of ownership.

Hi WGLee,

Where did u fix it?

Tot it was only happening to me.......looks like its "another" common problem for the e46.....

thks guys for all your feedback

nathan said:
Hi WGLee,

Where did u fix it?

Tot it was only happening to me.......looks like its "another" common problem for the e46.....

thks guys for all your feedback

M1 in Kayu Ara.

Top Bottom