Paint Shield for protection

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

goldfish

I came across the product of Paint Shield which claimed can protect the car from Stone Chip..... Wondering anyone has experience on this product. I am contemplating of install it... but have some reservation.... Help

i dun like it....car less shining....got line(it same like tinted the body).my friend boss done on his SL55 AMG....it cost him 15k.

Originally posted by acs@Apr 25 2006, 01:47 AM
i dun like it....car less shining....got line(it same like tinted the body).my friend boss done on his SL55 AMG....it cost him 15k.
if at that price better go for paint job once a year

thts why.....mayb dunno wat to do with his money.....unacceptable.... ;)

Originally posted by acs@Apr 25 2006, 02:34 AM
thts why.....mayb dunno wat to do with his money.....unacceptable.... ;)
15K better go for Superchip upgrade and still there was balance for once a week at Canauba Autospa. :D

paintshields are not very new or novel products... they have been around for quite some time.

they are extremely popular amongst sg owners due to the limitation of diy car wash facilities. pro car detailing isnt really all that cheap. (think double)

how effective are they?? well, effective to a certain extent but most require some kind of maintenence back at the pro auto detailing place... and most charge a fee for this. so, it not a one time cost. it might work out to be hefty with the ongoing costs. :nyehehe:

the paintshield also layers on top of the clear coat... if the surface prep is not performed impecably, then the impurities will be sealed inside the paintwork. due to the thickness of the paintshield layer, it will also look like "orange peel" wavy on the surface.

it does have it merits though, as it protects contaminants from seeping in as fast. there are many different types in the market and not all costs rm15k to do one car. for rm15k, imho, it prolly worth respraying the car with glasurit paint system which is much harder than your usual paint systems e.g. dupont.

The paintshield company provide warranty on peeling, yellowing, scratches.... maintenance??? what kind of maintenace that you are referring to..... my main worry is when the flim fitted on my car and a few years later i decide to take out this film, will there have the differentiation of the colour from the place where by no film was fitted? Moreover, whether the chemical that they are using is harmful to the car paint?

same goes to me....ahahaha..wil only tint the headlamp and foglamp onli ma!

Top Bottom