Oxidation in exhaust pipe

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

teighlour

Club Guest
Hi Sifus

Just want to check with you if you have oxidation on your exhaust pipe? My ride is a 520d F10 and it is only 5 months old, clocking 8,000 km.

picture.jpg

Cheers

Ohh. This looks a bit too much. I have some on my f30 328 too but not this much. Have you tried cleaning it and see if it returns. Sometimes it could be some chemical from car shampoo or polishing residue.

splee said:
Ohh. This looks a bit too much. I have some on my f30 328 too but not this much. Have you tried cleaning it and see if it returns. Sometimes it could be some chemical from car shampoo or polishing residue.
Let me try to clean it and see if it returns again. But this looks strange, later whole exhaust pipe will turn rusty

Looks really bad, maybe some areas where you were driving had some puddle of water mixed with some other chemicals that caused this? Anyhow I do clean my exhaust back to shiny chrome but I only do it maybe say once in 3 months depending how bad it looks but never as bad as what you show in the pic.

Contacted my SA in AB and he wrote in for me to BMW MAlaysia and waiting for their reply.

My SA said it could be the diesel that I pumped in some stations might be contaminated. WTF.....i choose to wait for the reply from the service guys in BMW Malaysia.

I dont have specific brand to select. However, Petronas and Shell are my frequent ones that I go to as they have more outlets then others. So Yes, i use Shell relatively about 50% of the time and Petronas maybe around 30% while the 20% would go to Petron, Caltex or BHP.

Cut out Shell completely. We had the same problem with our diesel cars which we ran exclusively on Shell diesel. The guys in AB knew right away which brand of diesel we were using by just looking at the green sulphur rings on the tail pipes.

Top Bottom