Outside air chanelling in ...

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

godflesh

Club Guest
Guys + gals,Has anyone experienced this problem with an E36 (98). Seems that outside air comes thru the aircon vents with the car approaching high speed. Could it be the climate control flaps?? How much would a problem like this cost to rectify???Cheers

im experiencing quite similar problems to you.. my air conds turn warm and there's not much air coming out from the aircond vents when i go at high speed constantly.. I dont get the problem when driving in the town, just on the highways..

bleah looks like its time to visit the aircond god!

What sort of speed are we talking about?

Have you checked to make sure you have all the air duct trims?

Here's what I mean.

I used to have this problem until I found out that some of the trims were missing. Now, the problem is solved.

218.png

94.png

Originally posted by Breakpopin@Apr 19 2006, 04:09 PM
Godflesh,

managed to solve your issue?
Breakpopin, Lee36328,

Not solved yet. Some mech say glass not tight enuf, some say climate control flap jam in open, some say must remove whole dash. The sound of air coming thru starts around 70km/h. When restart engine after a drive can feel the hot air from engine bay chanelling in thru the a/c system. I opened up the intake vents yest. There was the rubber lining, and plastic cover, Didn't see anything else beyond that. What do u guys think the problem could be? Don't want anyone tampering with the dash if it's not needed.

Originally posted by godflesh@Mar 9 2006, 08:06 PM
Guys + gals,

Has anyone experienced this problem with an E36 (98). Seems that outside air comes thru the aircon vents with the car approaching high speed. Could it be the climate control flaps?? How much would a problem like this cost to rectify???

Cheers
A lot easy to get this symthom on highway than city drive !

Sound like you have frozen cooling coil , does the aircon come back once you stop it for a while and let the "ice" melt ?

Go check your expension valve

Godflesh,

if you were looking for the air intake flap, it is deep inside, and not so easible accessible.

Your best bet wud be to send it to a reliable mechanic to diagnose, like what wglee did.

He had a similar-sounding warm air problem. Check out his experience under the aircond thread.

But, what would you say if I told you that the hissing sounds starts at +/- 70km/h even without the aircond on Not even the blower, windows rolled up and aircon/fan off - still hissing, gets louder when approaching 140km/h.

Yep maybe it wouldn't related to aircon system like you said stuck flap,
I'd say nothing more than good luck ;)

Top Bottom