once in a while, engine dies off....

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

ramsing

Club Guest
hi guys....problem just popped up since sunday. when slowing down, or just about to park, the car will die off. restart the car, no problems in restarting. but the engine has very rough idle for about 2-4 seconds, then either dies off again, or is normal again. if dies again, then restart, and usually its fine after that. but otherwise, car drives like normal. whats the cause?? just afraid that it might die while driving....help pls. :burnout: thanks

ramsing;239267 said:
hi guys....

problem just popped up since sunday. when slowing down, or just about to park, the car will die off.

restart the car, no problems in restarting. but the engine has very rough idle for about 2-4 seconds, then either dies off again, or is normal again. if dies again, then restart, and usually its fine after that.

but otherwise, car drives like normal. whats the cause?? just afraid that it might die while driving....help pls. :burnout:

thanks

u are asking for trouble la nih ...

1) It's the owner , not the car

But on a more serious note , pls check

1) Fuel pump
2) AFM (or urs running MAF aaa)

Now - i am waiting for BlackHowling to come in ... :65:

ramsing;239267 said:
hi guys....

problem just popped up since sunday. when slowing down, or just about to park, the car will die off.

restart the car, no problems in restarting. but the engine has very rough idle for about 2-4 seconds, then either dies off again, or is normal again. if dies again, then restart, and usually its fine after that.

but otherwise, car drives like normal. whats the cause?? just afraid that it might die while driving....help pls. :burnout:

thanks

Hmmm.. does this happen when you are low on fuel? 1/4 balance in tank?

high chance its your AFM..go check it out and get it serviced..i had the same problem..tapi u can do it yourself no need to get slaughtered by mechs :D

how about the ICV? i was having this problem whenever i shift to neutral (manual), my car will mati engine, once i changed the ICV. Problem solved. Maybe you can clean the ICV first just to make sure. This is for M20 engine. my 2 cents

Chris

I was at the workshop and learn something about this too..

There are many hose around the engine vacumm hose mainly, have that change as it cause the unstable idle.

Problem like yours are caused by vacumm leak.. once you found the leak, high chance your problem be fix.

Good luck

wahhh..thanks for the replies guys. hehehe :rock:

unker 535i.....owner ar? kenot be, owner still young, engine wont die after few rounds one. :burnout: but unker like u...need manyak ali for your tongkat :thefinger: :top: heheh....but seriously, might be vacuum leak la. coz idle a bit erratic now. fuel pump just changed i think by amereth, so shouldn't be problem

geoffrey...ya, i agree with u. maybe one of the hoses la. vacuum leak. petrol level no diff, empty or full.....

jagmalhi....AFM? maybe la...but i'll check d hoses first. if confirm AFM kaput, then i'm going MAP sensor...hehehee :rock: then i'll go find unker 535i to :burnout:

chris...icv just serviced recently, and its been a few months since then.

zzzzaaron....yala, tag panjang, need help panjang2 oso...

aiyo... ramsing..

simple problem, it's your icv bypass hose.. when it's hot, full of oil, it swells up at the connector and air gets in.. change that..

regards.

lol pussy should start an e-30 hotline..charge rm5 for advice and solution..can make money sitting at home >_

pussy;239627 said:
aiyo... ramsing..

simple problem, it's your icv bypass hose.. when it's hot, full of oil, it swells up at the connector and air gets in.. change that..

regards.

wahhh...i knew pussy will come save the day. eheheh. weiii...long time no see. busy ar u? come lets meet up...haven't met any pussy lately....:top:

Top Bottom